First Beef Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

k2guy

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 4, 2013
Chino Hills, CA
Just started smoking a few of weeks ago and smoked my first Beef Short RIbs and they came out pretty tasty.  As they usually are, they were a little chewy compared to pork ribs.  But the flavor was spectacular.  Used some mustard and John Henry's Mojave Garlic Pepper to prep them.  Smoked them at around 230 degrees until they got up to 160 degrees, then put them in a foil pan with apple juice and covered them, then back to smoker until they hit 195.  Took them out and put them directly on the grate and smothered them in Rufus Teague's Touch of Heat sauce.  Turned out great.

Last edited:
Sorry, had to edit the first post.  Accidentally posted and had not finished yet.  New to this forum, very interesting info here.  I think I'm going to enjoy it.

Oh there's the pic....that rib looks Awesome!!!

:welcome1: to SMF!!! We're happy you joined us! We have over 50,000 members now who just love to share what they know. You've come to the best place on the net to learn and share everything Q!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky