First Attempt Beef Dino Ribs

Discussion in 'Beef' started by briggy, Jun 7, 2015.

1. briggy

briggy Smoking Fanatic

Another inspiration from Bear's Step-by-Step.  Found some beef center cut back ribs at the local store (I wish they were from Bear's prime rib score [​IMG]  )

Slight mods to Bear's original as I didn't have his recommended sauce.  These were coated in a bold & spicy sauce, then coated with sea salt, cracked black pepper, garlic and onion powder:

Just got these on the WSM with a mix of hickory and mesquite chunks, probably going to do a 3-2-1.  More to come!

2. briggy

briggy Smoking Fanatic

Here they are before going into the foil after 2:45.  Added the teriyaki, worcestershire, and apple juice to the pan:

3. b-one

b-one Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looking good so far!

4. crazymoon

crazymoon Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

B, looking great !

5. briggy

briggy Smoking Fanatic

Thanks B, couple of hours to go - time to prep the sweet corn!
    Thank you CM!

6. briggy

briggy Smoking Fanatic

Wow.....2:45 naked and 2 in foil and these are definitely fall off the bone, just a real quick sauce and foiled to rest:

bearcarver likes this.
  7. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Oh Yeah!!![​IMG]

That's some Tasty Looking Stuff, and I know it doesn't just look that way!!![​IMG]

Nice Job Briggy!!-------------[​IMG]

Dang I love Beef Ribs!![​IMG]

Bear

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  8. briggy

briggy Smoking Fanatic

Thank you Bear!  Will post some of your Bear View soon!

9. briggy

briggy Smoking Fanatic

Final plated view, very happy with the first attempt although I think this particular rack could have been pulled a little earlier.  Definitely worth adding to the list!

Thanks for lookin!

10. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice Ribs . Would love to find some with meat on them . . .[​IMG]

11. briggy

briggy Smoking Fanatic

Agree - two of us just finished these and they tasted great.   But I'm left saying, so what do you want to do for dinner?   [​IMG]

12. b-one

b-one Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks good! How was the corn?

13. briggy

briggy Smoking Fanatic

T
    Thank you, corn was good!  Corn has become a regular around here in the smoker - about 1.5 hours in the husk and they are great!

14. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

You're probably right about pulling earlier. The thickness has a lot to do with the length of time needed to get to where you want them.

Mine were a lot thicker, because they came from my Prime Ribs, and they didn't have a Butcher carving most of the meat off the bones before selling them.

Bear

15. worktogthr

worktogthr Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Looks really great!  Ahhh beef ribs.  The best thing to smoke on earth!