First Attempt Beef Dino Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

briggy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 27, 2014
Ohio
Another inspiration from Bear's Step-by-Step.  Found some beef center cut back ribs at the local store (I wish they were from Bear's prime rib score 
drool.gif
 )

Slight mods to Bear's original as I didn't have his recommended sauce.  These were coated in a bold & spicy sauce, then coated with sea salt, cracked black pepper, garlic and onion powder:

Just got these on the WSM with a mix of hickory and mesquite chunks, probably going to do a 3-2-1.  More to come!

Oh Yeah!!!
icon14.gif

That's some Tasty Looking Stuff, and I know it doesn't just look that way!!!
drool.gif

Nice Job Briggy!!-------------
points.gif

Dang I love Beef Ribs!!
drool.gif

Bear

Last edited:

Oh Yeah!!!
icon14.gif

That's some Tasty Looking Stuff, and I know it doesn't just look that way!!!
drool.gif

Nice Job Briggy!!-------------
points.gif

Dang I love Beef Ribs!!
drool.gif

Bear
Thank you Bear!  Will post some of your Bear View soon!

Final plated view, very happy with the first attempt although I think this particular rack could have been pulled a little earlier.  Definitely worth adding to the list!

Thanks for lookin!
You're probably right about pulling earlier. The thickness has a lot to do with the length of time needed to get to where you want them.

Mine were a lot thicker, because they came from my Prime Ribs, and they didn't have a Butcher carving most of the meat off the bones before selling them.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky