First attempt at smoking will be a Turkey Breast.... WithQview now

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
BTW guys thanks for all the advice and tips everything turned out GREAT, Wife and Kid(10) LOVED it...kid was asking for seconds..ate all the ribs up and I think the wife did the leftover turkey up for sandwiches.

BTW guys thanks for all the advice and tips everything turned out GREAT, Wife and Kid(10) LOVED it...kid was asking for seconds..ate all the ribs up and I think the wife did the leftover turkey up for sandwiches.
Glad it all worked out for ya! Amazing how easy it is with a little help from all the knowladgeable folk here. I had never smoked a thing when I found this site and they steered me straight to success every time.

So did you smoke the breast in the foil pan or just put it in there for the oven, and is that with or w/o skin? I have always done turkey on the bone, I may have to try this way!   
rolleyes.gif

So did you smoke the breast in the foil pan or just put it in there for the oven, and is that with or w/o skin? I have always done turkey on the bone, I may have to try this way!   
rolleyes.gif
yup, I just did it in the foil pan. Had(for us meaning not overpowering)just about prefect smokey flavor to it. I think it took about3-3.5 hours to get to 167 internal temp. then as the ribs took longer I removed it, out foil over the top put it in the oven to keep warm till the ribs were done. I got the foil pan from some members ideas in here and it worked perfectly. No it was not on the bone and yes the skin was on.

Wood chips were used and was a soaked mixture of hickory and mesquite came out very nicely.

We are just cooking for the 3 of us and we dont "entertain" so we can normally get away with a bit less than you guys that do parties or family gatherings..so the single breast and a side of ribs was just about prefect for all 3 of us and we still had left over turkey lol..

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky