Firing Up the Wok!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Now that's a great looking food! Love Chinese cuisine and cook some dishes time to time using my not-so-great wok. I like your wok and planning on buying something like yours....

Thanks Pushok! We have three woks, tow cheapos that never get used and this one my wife brought home from Taiwan when she was over there on business years back. It's hand made and has done a excellent job on everything I've ever cooked on it. Thanks for the Like Push, I do appreciate it. RAY

Man Ray , Nice work . That's a great change of pace . My son did orange chicken last week . Hit the spot . Chop sticks ? I have a hard time tying my shoes .
Gonna have to get ya some rice wine . Lol.

Thanks Rich, I like to show off and use the chopsticks because Jan can't, she needs a fork! No rice wine for me, Rolling Rock and Evan Williams is more my speed. Thanks for the like Rich, much appreciated. RAY

Beautiful, beautiful meal Ray. That pic of it in the wok sitting on the cutting board just takes your breath away. Excellent work buddy!! Robert

Thank you Robert! That great teriyaki flavor really came thru on this cook, Jan said it was one of my best efforts ever. I don't know if that's the case or the fact we just hadn't had it for so long, but when she's happy so am I. Thanks you for the Like amigo, it is much appreciated! RAY

Looking good from here, Ray. Haven't had Chinese in a while. Thanks for the reminder. Gary

Thank you Gary! It had been quite awhile for us also, it won't be very long until the next cook tho, was delicious! Thanks for the Like Gary, I appreciate it. RAY

Thanks Rich, I like to show off and use the chopsticks because Jan can't

I'm with Jan!! Last time I tried using chop sticks it was almost a disaster. Thank God I have bullet proof lenses on my glasses or I'd be blind in one eye right now :emoji_laughing:

Jan said it was one of my best efforts ever. I don't know if that's the case or the fact we just hadn't had it for so long, but when she's happy so am I

I completely understand this concept. That's been the same around here with certain meals that we've overlooked for a while then decided to make it...and it was fantastic!! Perhaps not the best ever but it sure seemed that way. I'm happy as a pig in s$#t that you got to break out the wok. You've been talking for a while you wanted to and I bet now it gets used a lot more.

Robert

Reactions: sawhorseray
Makin me hungry

71QsgnmYNNL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

I use an old bayou burner on the porch

Damn Ray nice dinner! Your chicken teriyaki looks better than anything I could ever order in 15 minutes.

That’s a nice wok too! Sometimes I wished I had a gas stove so I could cook like that more! Very nicely done.

Boy, That looks Great, Ray!! Nice Job! Like. Bear

Thanks John, and thank you for the Like, I appreciate it. RAY

Makin me hungry I use an old bayou burner on the porch

I use something like that when I'm boiling a big pot of crabs or using my turkey fryer Hamderw, that too low to the ground for the wok. Now for a youngster like you it'd most likely be fine, but in another forty years I promise you won't be so bendy. Thanks for the Like, I appreciate it. RAY

Great looking grub, RAY! I tried Chinese food recently, too, due to the pandemic. No wok here, but great fry pans. YouTube was a quick teacher. Keep making our mouths water! Those pics did the trick. Ray

Thanks Ray! I love Youtube, you can see how to do just about anything! My old friend who now lives in Rocklin just got his first vaccine shot, he still owns and rents out a house on Earl St. in Roseville. We're all waiting to see which state it the safest before we get together, AZ sucks in that regard. Thank you for the Like Ray, I do appreciate it. RAY

Beautiful looking meal Ray. Catching up with your temps here at SC Riverfront - 67 today with a thunderstorm going on. 🍻

Thanks Wurstmeister, I could deal with 67º OK, it when the temps get down into the 20's I can't stand, makes everything hurt. Thanks for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Outstanding!

Thanks Blues 1, and thanks for the Like, much appreciated! RAY

Damn Ray nice dinner! Your chicken teriyaki looks better than anything I could ever order in 15 minutes. That’s a nice wok too! Sometimes I wished I had a gas stove so I could cook like that more! Very nicely done.

Thank you Joe! We have a electric stove here in AZ, first one ever for us, that's the main reason the wok had sat idle for the last year and a half. The propane stove along with the flattop and smokers make so I cook out on the patio most all summer, I love it. Thank you for the Like my friend, much appreciated. RAY

Reactions: Hamdrew
sawhorseray sawhorseray

Ray, i use a tall version that i can sit down and use. my back is BAD, ive been sent to dish too much.. lol

sitting down while cooking is very much a Chinese thing!

sawhorseray sawhorseray Ray, i use a tall version that i can sit down and use. my back is BAD, ive been sent to dish too much.. lol sitting down while cooking is very much a Chinese thing!

34 years a union carpenter, I have a PhD in bad back. RAY

man that looks good! The food as well as the sunshine in the background. I know you hating the warm days. Jim

Thanks Jim, it was delicious and a great change of pace! I know the rest of the country is freezing, but we don't consider the 70's warm weather. We're looking forward to waking up to 85º and getting some real heat the rest of the day, pool time! Thank you for the Like Jim, I do appreciate it. RAY

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
34 years a union carpenter, I have a PhD in bad back. RAY

Thanks Jim, it was delicious and a great change of pace! I know the rest of the country is freezing, but we don't consider the 70's warm weather. We're looking forward to waking up to 85º and getting some real heat the rest of the day, pool time! Thank you for the Like Jim, I do appreciate it. RAY
Oof! Ive never done much "labor" besides laying concrete, I can imagine...

That's why you need to start cooking sitting down, too! 🤣 It feels pretty nice (and warm) to have a drum-set sorta thing going on while you're sitting in a nice chair. For wok cooking, it is perfect. If you've got an extra burner, maybe boil off some noodles for lo mein, right??

When you get to be my age the biggest problem with sitting down is having to get up! I do some egg noodles when I make a crock pot chucky, comfort food. RAY

So nice, so easy, so comfort food.
Stir fry is a very versatile cooking method. Also a comfort food for my family.
My children love a stir fry Italian chicken meal my wife created with more veggies and a different spice profile..
Have you tried cooking the meat first then adding the veggies? That is our preferred order to keep the veggies crisper

Ray sorry to say but the Pool caught my eye first. The meal looks great I used 1 of my Woks the other day to cook our Cheese Steak.
Please keep us hoping this freeze will be over soon.
Richie

So nice, so easy, so comfort food.
Stir fry is a very versatile cooking method. Also a comfort food for my family.
My children love a stir fry Italian chicken meal my wife created with more veggies and a different spice profile..
Have you tried cooking the meat first then adding the veggies? That is our preferred order to keep the veggies crisper

Thanks FA! When I make broccoli beef I do the meat first and then add the veggies. Asparagus seem to take longer to softer up a little than just about any other veg, unless you get the super skinny ones, which I don't buy. RAY

Ray sorry to say but the Pool caught my eye first. The meal looks great I used 1 of my Woks the other day to cook our Cheese Steak.
Please keep us hoping this freeze will be over soon. Richie

Thanks you Richie, great minds must think alike, I made a cheesesteak on the wok last night also! I took a fillet mignon steak that I had cut too thick to cook right, almost a pound, and thin sliced it for the wok, was fantastic!
DSCN2795.JPG
DSCN2796.JPG

DSCN2799.JPG

I can't believe the weather around the rest of the country, it's miserable everywhere it seems but right here. I couldn't live in that kind of weather, my hands and shoulders have so much arthritis I can only imagine what the pain would be like in the snow. Another three months and I'll be in and out of that pool a half dozen times a day, we love the AZ heat! Thank you for the Like Richie, I do appreciate it. RAY

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky