Fires , Too close for comfort

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Update Yesterday.

The province wide fire ban has been lifted and is back to our normal restriction hours
of burning and having camp fires, pit fires.

But during the ban that there were to be no fires or you would get fined. There were at least
4 big fines given out . Even when the areas were on total lock down of fires
could be fined up to $25,000. plus admin fees, total was almost $28,000.
Last one was of a lady burning in her back yard, when the fire dept. and RCMP showed up
she was in the house and the fire unattended. With in 100 meters of the woods
She was slapped with a big fine. I think pictures and names of the people should also be posted.

This is the sign just 10 minutes from our place on the highway to Halifax just outside Bedford . So it is not like it is not posted everywhere and on all tv and radio
DSC_7490 - Copy.JPG

David

Attachments

• DSC_7490.JPG
    DSC_7490.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: gmc2003
That's good news David. I'm glad things are finally settling down for you guys. As for the lady firebug - she's a top finalist for this year's Darwin awards.

Stay safe

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
That's good news David. I'm glad things are finally settling down for you guys. As for the lady firebug - she's a top finalist for this year's Darwin awards.

Stay safe

Chris

Yes it is great news Chris, thank god for the rain and the boots on the ground and in the air.

Yes , very stupid thing to do. I still think names and faces should be posted somewhere of the offending fire bugs.

David

Good to hear David! There is always someone that thinks the laws don't apply to them. Just another Karen.

Thanks Steve,

Yes always some that think they are just too special.
Hearsay: but she said that she was no where near where the fires were at.
( She does not understand the words " Province Wide " lol )
I bet her bank can now explain it to her.

David

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H

If we could rid the earth of idiots. I was reading that 99% of wildfires in Nova Scotia and 80% of wildfires in Quebec are human caused. We’ve been evacuated twice since 2018 due to wildfires. Every year when our insurance is due I ask our broker if we’re still covered for wildfire, so far the answer has been yes. One of these years I’m betting that wildfires will no longer be covered by insurance companies.

If we could rid the earth of idiots. I was reading that 99% of wildfires in Nova Scotia and 80% of wildfires in Quebec are human caused. We’ve been evacuated twice since 2018 due to wildfires. Every year when our insurance is due I ask our broker if we’re still covered for wildfire, so far the answer has been yes. One of these years I’m betting that wildfires will no longer be covered by insurance companies.
And how much has your homeowners insurance gone up in recent years? Here on Long Island, NY our insurance keeps going up because they "say" we are overdue for a major hurricane. My insurance is now $2900/year, my other house in PA that is bigger and fairly new it is only $510/year.

• Wow
And how much has your homeowners insurance gone up in recent years? Here on Long Island, NY our insurance keeps going up because they "say" we are overdue for a major hurricane. My insurance is now $2900/year, my other house in PA that is bigger and fairly new it is only $510/year.
Too much! Now if you want a sure fire stock tip, buy stocks in an insurance company, they rarely lose money and when they do premiums go up.

• Haha
Reactions: clifish
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky