Firehouse Frog Leg Etouffee

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man oh man, that looks SOOOO good. Been a long time since I had frog legs and would love to get hands on a nice plate. I can only guess doing them in etouffee is nothing short of incredible. I do have a deep appreciation for your flair doing Cajun food. some of the best on the planet.

Robert

Reactions: indaswamp
Awesome meal there guy. Why if I could have been there you would have had a lot least leftover.

In Maryland we are only allowed to catch 12 a night now.

Warren

Man oh man, that looks SOOOO good. Been a long time since I had frog legs and would love to get hands on a nice plate. I can only guess doing them in etouffee is nothing short of incredible. I do have a deep appreciation for your flair doing Cajun food. some of the best on the planet.

Robert
You are too kind Robert...thank you. The etouffee gravy was good, but the frogs had a very slight muddy taste like catfish. In hindsight, I should have given them a 12 hour soak in buttermilk to neutralize the muddy taste.
Awesome meal there guy. Why if I could have been there you would have had a lot least leftover.

In Maryland we are only allowed to catch 12 a night now.

Warren
Thanks Warren. 12 a night eh? Almost not even worth fooling with it........almost.....

I’ve had them them just once. They were on the menu of a small Basque restaurant on top of a mountain in Marin County somewhere. I’m always up for trying something new. They were amazing. No fish taste at all. They tasted like the most tender chicken I’ve ever had. I’ll have to see if that place still exists.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky