Firehouse Biscuits & Gravy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

slapaho_injun

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 24, 2018
Minnesota
Firehouse Biscuits & Gravy

1 green pepper

1 onion

1 lb pork breakfast sausage

1 cup flour

1/2 gallon milk

1 or 2 Pillsbury flaky grands bicuits

Preheat oven to 350

Place 1 or 2 rolls of biscuits on a sheet pan, lined with parchment paper

Put biscuits in oven when ready, for time specified on package

-Dice one green pepper

-Dice one onion

-Brown 1 lb breakfast sausage (pork)

-Turn off heat

-Add 1 cup of flour to meat and grease in pan. Stir well till all flour is mixed in to absorb grease and meat is pasty.

-add diced onion & green pepper

-add 1/2 gallon of milk (1% or 2%)

-turn heat back on stove. (Low/Med)

-stir constantly until it thickens and starts to boil.

-Turn heat down/off when desired thickness is achieved

-pour gravy over your biscuits.

-salt/pepper to taste.

This will keep in fridge for 3 days after. Microwave to heat up. Add milk if too thick.

1 cup of flour to 1 pound of sausage? Whoa, that’s crazy. No offense.

I prefer to drain the grease and add just heavy cream (no flour) then simmer to reduce to desired thickness. Is delicious.

Reactions: slapaho_injun
It’s the first thing our Kids /Grandkids say they want me to make, when they visit. 2nd is batter fried fish. Grandpa isn’t such a healthy cook but everyone eats well.

Sometimes I have to cook the onion/green pepper with the sausage, so it’s cooked down…..other times I like to add them just before the milk so they still have a crunch and that fresh taste.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky