Fireboard 2 Drive?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MileHiGuy

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 24, 2019
Denver, Colorado
I'm thinking about getting a Fireboard 2 Drive meat thermometer? Any experience with them? I have a thermoworks smoke that's been great but the display is close to being shot. I was in a local smoking shop and the Manager recommended the Fireboard. After looking at reviews and such they appear pretty solid. I have a 22" WSM and am thinking about getting the fan for it depending on which thermometer I purchase.

I own the FB2 Drive and I don't know what I would do without it. You will not be disappointed. I have the fan and used it once. It worked like a charm but that was a charcoal basket cook on my LSG offset to get some shut eye. Now I just use splits and monitor it on my phone w/o the fan. I got the professional probes which are awesome as well. What's also cool is keeping a history of your cooks on the app adding notes and such. If you don't need the fan save a few bucks and get the FB2. Just my 2 cents worth...

Attachments

• 20210501_054312.jpg
    20210501_054312.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20211221-210134_FireBoard.jpg
    Screenshot_20211221-210134_FireBoard.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 59
I have a FireBoard 2 and love it. I've used it in my bullet smokers only thus far, not in either of my offsets but I'msure it'd work well in that applicationas well.

I don't have a FireBoard Drive 2 because I manipulate the air intakes. Drive is the control system for forced fan air systems.

I’m very happy with my FB1 as a wireless thermo unit overall. I will say I have found their probes to be very hit and miss for durability. Some probes will last for years and other malfunction pretty quickly. They do tend to stand behind them well. Some people use the thermo works pro probes with their FB’s.

I own the FB2 Drive and I don't know what I would do without it. You will not be disappointed. I have the fan and used it once. It worked like a charm but that was a charcoal basket cook on my LSG offset to get some shut eye. Now I just use splits and monitor it on my phone w/o the fan. I got the professional probes which are awesome as well. What's also cool is keeping a history of your cooks on the app adding notes and such. If you don't need the fan save a few bucks and get the FB2. Just my 2 cents worth...
How long were you able to maintain temps using the charcoal basket with the FB2 in your LSG? Thinking about ordering the basket to go with my new LSG. Thanks in advance

Have Fireboard 2 drive and love it for my Limo Jr. It controls a BBQ Guru Pit Viper fan.
If I ever get a pellet cooker, it will have to be an LSG or Yoder as I wouldn’t want to use anything not using a Fireboard controller.

How long were you able to maintain temps using the charcoal basket with the FB2 in your LSG? Thinking about ordering the basket to go with my new LSG. Thanks in advance
This is something I post on a charcoal s-basket thread. Hope it helps...

I got one with my LSG 20x36. Used it once. It was the second cook on the 20x36 and I used lump charcoal. Mistake, burned way too hot. Kinda bent the baffles. Now I just get up around 5. Start the fire and go prep the brisket. Hour later it's good to go and toss a split every 45 minutes to an hour. Cooking at a higher temp 250-275 the brisket is done in 8 hours. No all nighter needed. I do use the fire management basket. That is a must for me. Keeps the fire right and tight. So I would not recommend the charcoal basket.

Reactions: filphrench
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky