Firearms, AK Conversion, Saiga to 103

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A round down range is a round down range. 00 buck weighs 54 grains. Muzzle velocity of 1300+ fps. (54g X 15)x14= a lot of lead. :)

Not many people like to be in the bay immediately next to any rifle with a brake.
Especially ones that part your hair for you. :emoji_laughing:
Not exactly the same, but one time I was shooing sporting clays. Came to the rabbit station and found a loose 3 1/2" T-shot in my pouch. Asked the guy in the house to hold on a second while I switched it out. After I shot, he asked if I wanted another rabbit to burn up the 3 1/2". I said sure. When that bad boy went off there were people peeking around every corner of the range to see what the hell just happened! I guess they were more accustomed to the report of little trap loads.

All I know is that between chilerelleno chilerelleno 's gun collection, epicurean food skills, and humble disposition, he seems like the kind of person it would be a pleasure to go shooting with, and or to have as a neighbor.

Reactions: negolien
I agree.
Had a neighbor once though that liked to shoot them up in the air on New Years Eve. Problem was she forgot to go outside.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: negolien
Not exactly the same, but one time I was shooing sporting clays. Came to the rabbit station and found a loose 3 1/2" T-shot in my pouch. Asked the guy in the house to hold on a second while I switched it out. After I shot, he asked if I wanted another rabbit to burn up the 3 1/2". I said sure. When that bad boy went off there were people peeking around every corner of the range to see what the hell just happened! I guess they were more accustomed to the report of little trap loads.
I have some d-duplex I like to use to blow stuff up. I get the same reaction lol. There's a few rounds they make that really do the job.

Reactions: kawboy
You guys can keep your 7.62/39 stuff, I'll take my PSL/FPK's any day.
Especially after they have a red star trigger group installed along with an extended butt stock.

You guys can keep your 7.62/39 stuff, I'll take my PSL/FPK's any day.
Especially after they have a red star trigger group installed along with an extended butt stock.
Well schucks.
If it's gonna be like that, what you holding?
Put up or shut up!:emoji_wink:

Last edited:
By the way, I collect unusual or historical firearms if anyone has something they're looking to unload (pun).
1903 colt 32 cal sn 560937 (2).JPG
EL SOLDADO 38 SUPER 1 of 29.jpg
Cabot Drako Garra 1st LH one made.JPG
Double Barrel 22Mag Thunderstruck.JPG
Here's an 32 OSS 1903 Hammerless, 38 super 1911 El Soldado, LH 45 Drakko Garra and a double shot 22 mag Thunderstruck.

Great thread chilerelleno chilerelleno , I'm loving it!
I'm sure that a lot of veterans have replied to this thread and I would like to thank each and every one of you for your service! THANK YOU.

Now I'm just not a tactical kind of guy but I do love my Glock pistols. But for the last eight years this is what I've been up to.
20220828_172233.jpg

Just shot a two day, 10 stage Cowboy Action Shooting match down at Parker, KS this weekend.
Pistols are Uberti 1872 Open Tops chambered in 38 spl.
20220828_172435.jpg

Shotgun is a CZ USA Sharptail Coachgun, 20 inch 12 GA.
20220828_172452.jpg

And the rifle is a Miroku Winchester 1866 chambered in 38 spl.

Once again Chile, thanks for the cool thread.
Oh, just call me Claude.

I like the leather work you have too. Nice collection of weapons. How do they score it? I'm not familiar with CAS. Just checked out a couple you tubes.

Reactions: Colin1230
Love it, CAS is fun to watch and a blast to partake in.
I tried it once, I sucked pretty bad, but had a lot of fun.

Those are some nice pieces you have there.
They look loved on, and I'm sure they are since you compete with them.
Thanks Chile.
The pistols I did the smithing on, lighter springs, lengthened Arbors to correct barrel fit and cylinder gap and bored the frames to install Ruger type paw spring and plunger.
I did the rifle also but it didn't need much right out of the box. A little stone work and backed off main spring tension and it was ready to go.
The shotgun came from Longhunter Shooter Supply down in Amarillo, TX. Jim and his guys turn out some nice guns for this game.

Reactions: chilerelleno
I like the leather work you have too. Nice collection of weapons. How do they score it? I'm not familiar with CAS. Just checked out a couple you tubes.
Thanks fitsfshr.
Gun leather came from Kirkpatrick Gun Leather down in Loredo, TX. Great folks.
Scoring is pretty simple. You have a timer operator that starts the stage and stays right with you as you move through the stage. Each stage has a scenario and targets are engaged in a specific order. If not engaged correctly it adds a 10 second procedural penalty. Missed targets add five seconds each.
Rifle is normally loaded with ten rounds with hammer down on the empty chamber. Pistols loaded with five each and hammers down on empty chamber. Shotgun is staged with action open and empty, you load it from your ammo belt.
Fast shooters will run through a stage in less than twenty seconds. Me, I'm in the thirty second range.

Reactions: chilerelleno
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky