Fire Grilled/Smoked Carne Asada NACHOS!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mooseman

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 30, 2009
Encino, CA
Topped with:

Chorizo Chili Beans
Colby Jack Cheese
Fresh Pico de Gallo
All on top of freshly fried tortilla strips!

Please...tell me more! What kind of meat, how did you cook it? Whats the Pico recipe? Im always trying new pico recipes.

I used USDA Choice Skirt Steak from Costco. Marinated overnight in OJ, seasoned salt, cilantro, onion. The pico was very simple - roma tomatoes, cilantro, onion, and diced jalapenos, w/ lime juice and S&P. I never use a recipe, just balance out the ingredients and season to taste.

I cooked the meat using a reverse sear with oak for about 15mins, then finished it on the hot side for a few minutes.

Hope that helps!

Those are some good looking nachos!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Congrats, that is some great game food.

You read my mind. I was just thinking about Carne Asada last night. I don't know what "reverse sear" means, though, but I'll figure it out. Anyway, looks great!

Excellent looking nachos! Breakfast of champions!
biggrin.gif

Reverse sear:

http://smokingmeatforums.com/forums/...760#post375760

Basically you start your meat on the cool side of the grill, with wood chunks and hot coals on the other side. The meat absorbs much more smoke this way. I then finish off on the hot side to seal the meat.

I guess it's called a "reverse sear" as most folks sear the meat first, then put it off to the cool side of the grill. I prefer the reverse sear as the flavor profile is better...at least for me. I find it combines the best of smoking and grilling.

I use this method for chicken, steaks, pork tenderloin and tri-tip with excellent results. Bigger cuts of meat just go in the smoker.

Hope this helps...

Thank you, sir!

I can't do that in my MES, but I guess I could put it under the broiler for a couple mins or a grill if one is fired up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky