Fire box

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

naj250

Original poster
Jun 18, 2013
The Big "N"
Has anyone watched youtube videos titled deepsouth homestead? There are two videos that caught my interest. Danny builds a new smoke house at his cabin. He also has one at his home. Both of his fire boxes are made of brick. I had built a smoke house recently and I would like to know how I can heat my smoker with my fire box. It is separate from the smoker. Basically all I can do is cold smoke. I guess that's a good thing. So in order to maintain a temp I need to use a propane burner.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks for all of the replies. Maybe I will look for another website that will give some response!!!

I actually did speak to the guy that built the smoker that I had built. He said I should put a baffle 2/3 of the way down on the inside. He said that should hold some heat. Thanks for replying

Bung Hole.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky