Fire box basket question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

noshuz

Original poster
Jul 7, 2016
Howdy Everybody,

I had a friend make me a SS basket for my Highland. I had him make it 11"x 11"x 6" as opposed to 10"x10"x6". I thought the bigger, the better as long as it fits easily. So the one thing I had him do different was weld up the 4 sides of the basket steel angle and SS expanded metal leaving the bottom unwelded to drop in a replacement when it wore out. I thought with all the heat at the bottom of this thing going on its going to get beat to death first. Has that been your experience with this? I'm a greeeeenhorn just trying to have some forethought. Also, looking at this whole setup I just don't how this whole thing could work efficiently without a basket and I haven't even seasoned this yet! Why don't they include this as part of the rig?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky