Finally!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin218r

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 14, 2015
Minnesota
So about 8 years ago my wife and I bought land on literally the country mile I grew up on.

We closed on the land Sept 11th. Built up a driveway, sewer, well, and electricity, plopped a trailer house on it,

and moved in just before Thanksgiving.

The next year we built a pole shed, and 1 1/2 years after that built a house. (Which we general contracted our selves.)

(Had 2 kids during this time as well.)

Seems like there is always projects going on. Building a swing set, we had horses for a while, cows for a different while,

mowing, working on landscaping, farming, Work, etc, etc...

It has been a lot of work.

This weekend I finally took the time and put up a flag pole.

I have been wanting to do this for a long time now, just always had stuff going on.

We always had a flag on the side of the house, but its not the same.

There is something special about stabbing a flag in the ground and claiming your spot!

We feel like even with the house, shed, playground... We now have "roots".

I am very proud to be flying our colors and also proud of what we have accomplished in the last 8 yrs.

So I share some pics:

Special thank you to all of our veterans and current military on this site and out there!

I wouldn't be able to fly this flag if it wasn't for all of our brave brothers and sisters!

Thank You for letting me share this proud moment with you all!

Fly it Proudly,Honor it,and Defend it.

Thank you

Richie

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

points.gif

Looks great.

And thanks to all our heros past, present and future. .:smilie_flagge13:

Last edited:
That is beautiful and an inspiring story...JJ

I couldn't wait to leave the country and move to the city were everything was happening. You wake up one morning and all you want is get back to  where you could not leave fast enough. Something about dirt that gets in your system.

Grats on the land. Grats on the bride and kids. Grats on your house. Thank you for your service. The flag looks majestic.

That is beautiful and an inspiring story...JJ
Thank you JJ!!

I couldn't wait to leave the country and move to the city were everything was happening. You wake up one morning and all you want is get back to  where you could not leave fast enough. Something about dirt that gets in your system.

Grats on the land. Grats on the bride and kids. Grats on your house. Thank you for your service. The flag looks majestic.
Thanks Kevin!! I love my dirt road!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky