Finally, winter is over

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

klutzyspuds

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Central WI
It has been a long winter here in Wisconsin. December and January were perpetual crappy weather. February was either crappy or unseasonably warm, no in between. Never had an opportunity to fire up the smoker and get rid of the winter blahs, until today finally.

So for the past few years, at the end of the season, our social league has a pot luck gathering. Not exactly earth shattering news, I know. But, after bringing pulled pork as my dish to pass about 5 years ago, i have been requested to "continue the tradition".

Tonight is this years party.

Got the smoker opened up and prepped last night, and the butt rubbed and ready as well. Put the pork on bright and early, as the temps were near single digits, and winds around 10 mph. This is gonna take a little longer than I was hoping, but all will be well in the end.

Pics coming soon.

Mark

It has been a long winter here in Wisconsin. December and January were perpetual crappy weather. February was either crappy or unseasonably warm, no in between. Never had an opportunity to fire up the smoker and get rid of the winter blahs, until today finally.

So for the past few years, at the end of the season, our social league has a pot luck gathering. Not exactly earth shattering news, I know. But, after bringing pulled pork as my dish to pass about 5 years ago, i have been requested to "continue the tradition".

Tonight is this years party.

Got the smoker opened up and prepped last night, and the butt rubbed and ready as well. Put the pork on bright and early, as the temps were near single digits, and winds around 10 mph. This is gonna take a little longer than I was hoping, but all will be well in the end.

Pics coming soon.

Mark

Winter's over in WI? Sorry, chief, but your groundhog is defective--6" headed our way on Monday. I'll split fuel and ammo expenses if you want to go get rid of that stupid rodent. :biggrin:

Far from over here in the north east. Been single digits for the past few nights, now getting a noreaster Tuesday. Joy.

Winter's over in WI? Sorry, chief, but your groundhog is defective--6" headed our way on Monday. I'll split fuel and ammo expenses if you want to go get rid of that stupid rodent. :biggrin:

I'm in for a rodent hunt. Forcast for 5 to 9 of the white stuff for tomorrow, but the smoker still works as well as last year. :yahoo:

Unfortunately the cold weather extended the cook to the point of having to hustle a bit to get to the party and no pics were taken. It turned out as good as ever.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky