Finally Pulled The Trigger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

squatch

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 15, 2013
Northern California
I've been researching as to which first smoker I should purchase for a couple month's now... I had pretty much narrowed it down between either a "old gen" Stainless MES40, or a WSM... you can probably guess which one I finally decided to go with since I am posting this here in the Charcoal Smokers section 
beercheer.gif

Looking forward to my first real smoke!

Congrats Squatch,

I have 2 of the 22.5 inchers, they can smoke some food. After ya get it seasoned with a good crust on the inside it will be like a shiny like grease glass. I don't even use water in the pan during summer or winter anymore. Only a split, lump and meat. Good Luck!!

Here is a pic of the grease glass with some butts. Enjoy!!

Reactions: twobeanbbq
I have a fantasy draft coming up where I'm smoking two 8.5lb butts. I just got my 22.5" WSM and fired it up last night. Any suggestions on how to cook the butts? Ever wrap them or spritz them? I live in Louisiana And my WSM was running pretty hot when trying to maintain 225. How do you burn your fuel in it?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky