Finally, Maple Flavoured Bacon, Thanks To Scarbelly and Pops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Congratulations on your perseverance!   

Let me interject an idea, however.  What if you tried maple extract vs. maple syrup for a more intense flavor?
Thanks for the suggestion Pops. I have tried extract in the past and it gets closer to the store bought but it isn't a real maple flavour in my opinion, it is kind of like the fake maple in the commercial stuff. 

This has a more maple syrup taste that is clear but not overpowering so I think I will stick with it.

As for my perseverance, She Who Must Be Obeyed has a different word for it!

Disco

Looks-Great.gif

this looks right up my alley ,tremendous job! i am right in the middle of my busy season but this is first on my list to make!!

tom 

Well, that is certainly a success of the highest order.    Nothing but perfection!

icon14.gif
icon14.gif
Thanks, Frosty! Well, as close to perfection as a fat old Canadian can get.

Disco does good work, ya just gotta be there the day SWMBO'd lets him do it!

<Chuckles>
You have that straight! Of course, if it works out well, she also rewards me!

Has anybody tried to use maple sugar instead of syrup?

Got my first batch in yesterday and I used maple syrup. Later...much later... I thought about using maple sugar in the

brine instead of brown sugar.

Has anybody tried to use maple sugar instead of syrup?

Got my first batch in yesterday and I used maple syrup. Later...much later... I thought about using maple sugar in the

brine instead of brown sugar.
I tried it as a sweetener in the brine without much success. I did use it in a dry cure and it gave some maple flavour but not a lot.

Disco

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky