Finally got the Blackstone out .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It all looks great! Hell you could've made it longer and kept my attention! Would love to get a Blackstone, not the cost that has stopped me, would just hate to buy one then not use it much. But keep on posting and twisting my arm! Lol

Ryan

I looked at several posts here of Griddle cooks and couldn't see the usefulness. I have a Lodge Griddle and a Wok. I could do anything these guy were doing. The more I thought about it I started to see the light! I caramelize 5 to 10 pounds of Onions for Onion Soup. Takes nearly an hour in a full size hotel pan. How much faster would it be spreading them out over 3X the surface area. Doing Smash Burgers, I currently can only do 2 at a time. With a Flat Top, everyone can eat together. It just started to make more sense as I found more things I want to play with, Ahi Tuna Teppanyaki?
Bev went and purchased a Char Griller 36" and I'm looking forward to a new Toy!...JJ

all they had was Krystal, instead of White Castle. No comparison at all.

I grew up in NJ eating White Castle, usually Half Loaded at 2AM! After living in PA, without WC, Bev was offered a job in Conyers GA, so we made the move. I found Krystals to be a reasonable facsimile. I guess it boils down to...If you can't be with the one you love...Love the one your with!...JJ☺

I grew up in NJ eating White Castle, usually Half Loaded at 2AM! After living in PA, without WC, Bev was offered a job in Conyers GA, so we made the move. I found Krystals to be a reasonable facsimile. I guess it boils down to...If you can't be with the one you love...Love the one your with!...JJ☺
Been there done that (more times than I can remember,lol.) You're being very generous callling Krystal a reasonable facsmile.

Ah man cant believe I missed this. Everything looks awesome! Hard to pick one but I would say I would have to go with the sliders. Got me hungry now!

Reactions: chopsaw
Ah man cant believe I missed this. Everything looks awesome! Hard to pick one but I would say I would have to go with the sliders. Got me hungry now!
Thanks for the comment .
Sliders are always good . I could go for some right now , got me hungry too .

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
I looked at several posts here of Griddle cooks and couldn't see the usefulness. I have a Lodge Griddle and a Wok. I could do anything these guy were doing. The more I thought about it I started to see the light! I caramelize 5 to 10 pounds of Onions for Onion Soup. Takes nearly an hour in a full size hotel pan. How much faster would it be spreading them out over 3X the surface area. Doing Smash Burgers, I currently can only do 2 at a time. With a Flat Top, everyone can eat together. It just started to make more sense as I found more things I want to play with, Ahi Tuna Teppanyaki?
Bev went and purchased a Char Griller 36" and I'm looking forward to a new Toy!...JJ
Wife and I do Tuna steaks on the griddle all the time, I like to blacken mine real spicy. I like that you can easily watch the doneness on a griddle. I need mine way over cooked (no pink) wife likes it be just about sushi inside.

I'm with your Wife! No more than 1/4" Sear on each side and raw in the middle, cool not cold. Two of may Daughter's and I frequently eat Tuna and Eel Sushi. The Mrs. and middle Girl, won't touch it. They do like the Rice and Teriyaki Steak...JJ

Hmm White Castle... Always good at any time, even better after a few (or a lot) adult beverages. Those onion burgers look even better than WC.

Awesome sammies there chop. Sorry so late on your post.
Thanks Warren . Easy to miss stuff .

Hmm White Castle... Always good at any time, even better after a few (or a lot) adult beverages. Those onion burgers look even better than WC.
Thanks for the comment . Yeah , these are pretty good , and they don't make your stomach hurt . Lol .
I may or may not have been woke up in the White Castle drive thru way back when .
Tap , tap on the truck window .

I ordered a diamond plate hard cover for the 32" camp chef. I think I will use it much more if I could just lift up and down a solid cover. The full soft cover is kind of a pain to take off and on.

Could have breakfast (or maybe brunch), lunch and supper all out of one thread! Looking for ideas lol!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky