Finally got a WSM!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Millberry

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 12, 2020
Buford, GA
I sure have bugged several of you. You came through for me--answered all my questions---THANKS A MILLION! I bit the bullet and got a WSM18 today, My electric smoker sux. I am too old and broke for what I wanted--a stick burning Lang. They are number one (IMO) for taste. Taste is what I wanted. Not ease of use or any of that stuff. BUT--the old man gave up. Don't get me wrong- the WSM is a very good smoker. Maybe one day SmokinAl will adopt me and I can use his Lang. I tried to buy another stick burner- an Old Country. Their workmanship has gone to pot! I saw 6 of them (Academy Sports even took me nto their back supply room) with bad welds..3 of them had crooked doors, one had a crooked wheel. Evidently their workmanship has gone to pot(IMO). Again--you folks are the greatest. I sure appreciate the help from everyone. Y'all are the best !!!!!!!!!!!!! Charlie-Buford, GA

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing some cooks on it

Ryan

Congrats , we got the best enabler's on the WWW lmao

Charlie, if you have any questions about the WSM just ask. My daughter lives in Social Circle is that anywhere near you?

Chris

I got 2 questions--so far..LOL Did you season your WSM AND do you add water with pork or beef?

I'm getting ready for work - so quick answers.

No - seasoning isn't necessary. Just wash the grates.

No - I don't use water for pork or beef. Wrap the bowl with aluminum foil and use it as a diffuser. I like to smoke both of those meats in the 250* range.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky