Finally got a Lang!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I’ve been on the lookout for a great deal on a nice sized stick burner for man y months. Mostly focused on Lang with a few looks at Meadowcreek and Slingnsteel. I got outgunned on at least 6 when I thought too long. Finally saw this Lang pop up just a couple hours south of me. Advertised as a Lang 60 Deluxe. Turns out it’s a Gen 1 Lang 84 Deluxe. It needs some TLC, especially on the firebox but all appears to be surface rust. Put some new tires on it since it still had the original tires from the late 80’s. They were still holding air solid but looked to have a lot of cracks. I decided to risky for a two hour haul. I may have this sandblasted next week and painted soon thereafter. Most rust is very light except the firebox. Looking forward to learning the stick burner game. Top pic of the warmer box is in the sellers drive when I looked at it. The other two are it sitting in its new home in our drive for now.
D45C9903-0557-4F85-8DDD-44FD54CFBB18.png
8A562265-6832-4894-AE47-AF840CC11BCF.jpeg
61975FCC-6A54-4D3D-A5F9-8EF0CFB54902.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice smoker! So do you plan on cutting the cow up or just stick it in whole? Lol Looking forward to seeing some cooks!

Ryan

Heck yeah man that’s a beautiful beast! Congrats!!
It’s in really good shape too, doesn’t look too bad at all. That thing will look sweet when you get a new coat on it.

Reactions: jcam222
70’s Oh wow. Those tires had to be bad. Lang started in 1988 I thought. Congratulations

Reactions: jcam222
Looks great. Glad you finally got ya a stick burner. I didn’t realize Lang has been making smokers since the 70’s.Maybe this will motivate TNJAKE TNJAKE to finally get the BelFab out of the barn and break it in.

• Haha
Reactions: flatbroke
70’s Oh wow. Those tires had to be bad. Lang started in 1988 I thought. Congratulations
Yea I think the tire shop was wrong about the tire age. Smoker is likely from the late 80’s It is an early gen where you can see they patched the tank on top. Tires were F-78-15-ST

Thats a bias ply tire size. Nothing to do with age. The DOT number has the year the tire was made in. Not sure bias ply tires have DOT numbers thou.

Thats a bias ply tire size. Nothing to do with age. The DOT number has the year the tire was made in. Not sure bias ply tires have DOT numbers thou.
It was the guy in the Walmart tire shop that told me they don’t use that nomenclature anymore. The new tires were only $149 for a pair so not too bad anyway.

I got some bias tires on one of my old trucks in the barn I will check for a DOT number. Yes tires usually have DOT followed by month and year.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky