finally did a whole chicken!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
Renton, WA
Brined about 5-6 hours, 4.5# bird.  Had some CSR's and brined them just the same as the bird.

brine has maple syrup, dijon, CBP, oregano, cloves, rosemary, old bay,smashed fresh garlic and ginger, sparkling cider and water.

21a8785c_112609_1159.jpg

light coat of olive oil, paprika and pepper for the bird, regular rub for the CSRs

307c94e8_112609_1161.jpg

in they go with my first pastrami and some brats, set at 250.

fc4bbf15_112609_1162.jpg

I think she came out real pretty! 

ddd68c0d_112609_1164.jpg

d8519f01_120309_1156.jpg

thanks for looking.

Congrats on the whole bird, everything else looks just as good. That is one heck of a brine you had going on. Thanks for sharing the good times. It's all good my friend.

Nice job Barbe!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

We will call that one "Barbe's S&M Chicken!" LOL

If you get a chance I highly recomend Tip's Slaughter House brine by Travis.... I used it for the first time ever this last Thanksgiving, it was really really good!

All looks great Barbequeen, Except the Brats !

I think the cameraman/woman ate them before the pics.

Thanks for the views,

Bear

Sing with me now - He's a supa freak, supa freak, he's supa freaky! LOL! Love me some Johnny!

Baby girl that is some fine bird ya got there! Congrats on that! You did it up right. Don't you just love it when a chicken turns out so yum? Great job! 

Nice job Barbe!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

If you get a chance I highly recomend Tip's Slaughter House brine by Travis.... I used it for the first time ever this last Thanksgiving, it was really really good!

Nice job Barbe!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I confess, I am into birdie bondage.  Julia Child and Me, we love our string.   It was VERY moist.  Thanks everybody!

Nice looking bird!

Did you bother injecting? Looks like no, but I guess you dont need one with that super brine...
    Thanks!  I've actually never tried injecting, the brines work great for my taste. It was nice and moist, with just a bit of sweetness from the syrup. I LOVE maple syrup!

What happened to the brats?
icon_rolleyes.gif
Well, they were tucked in between the CSR's.  One made a very brief appearance next to my pastrami, but after that???   Good thing I'm getting a grinder for Xmas and can learn how to make my own!  

What happened to the brats?
icon_rolleyes.gif
Well, they were tucked in between the CSR's.  One made a very brief appearance next to my pastrami, but after that???   Good thing I'm getting a grinder for Xmas and can learn how to make my own!  

OK--I just couldn't find them.

I can usually spot a brat.

I just spotted one a few minutes ago, climbing our Christmas tree!

I yelled at him, and he just meowed at me!!! 
icon_evil.gif

Thanks,

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky