Finally conquered a brisket flat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2019
Allentown, PA
Howdy all,
I’ve done a few brisket flats and they usually are ok but not great. Today I decided to give it another go. Picked one up, gave it a slight trim, and then a heaping of HC black. Onto the Zgrill it went with pecan pellets until the stall, wrapped, and back on until ~205. It’s was mostly probe tender but in one spot could have gone a bit more. I was tired and don’t care too much since some of this will be frozen and reheated with the sous vide.

Anyway, this thing was really good. Perfect amount of seasoning for the beef. Great bark. Learned a lot and can’t wait to go again.
FCDE5B59-D6F6-49DC-893B-428B34016B34.jpeg 14A4EF95-61BE-4FDB-9261-6B9CA928DAFE.jpeg 5D865D08-A11D-4443-B24B-6EEB49265DC6.jpeg 76981F57-5560-4E4D-9C53-E77D45EC2903.jpeg

Also cant forget the coffee chocolate chip cookies for dessert:
149E110F-86D2-49B5-A393-A3AF1FD6EDF1.jpeg
Thanks for lookin all!

Howdy all,
I’ve done a few brisket flats and they usually are ok but not great. Today I decided to give it another go. Picked one up, gave it a slight trim, and then a heaping of HC black. Onto the Zgrill it went with pecan pellets until the stall, wrapped, and back on until ~205. It’s was mostly probe tender but in one spot could have gone a bit more. I was tired and don’t care too much since some of this will be frozen and reheated with the sous vide.

Anyway, this thing was really good. Perfect amount of seasoning for the beef. Great bark. Learned a lot and can’t wait to go again.
View attachment 474906View attachment 474907View attachment 474908View attachment 474909

View attachment 474911
Thanks for lookin all!

That looks awesome, great work!
Every brisket kick can teach ya something. Maybe the next one will be perfect :)

Reactions: JCAP
Howdy all,

View attachment 474906View attachment 474907View attachment 474908View attachment 474909

View attachment 474911
Thanks for lookin all!

Ya, so about those cookies . . . can you post the recipe? Trying to get my Betty Crocker on.

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky