Finally, a good batch of pulled pork...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

reardenreturns

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 1, 2011
Houston, Republic of Texas
After a few tries, I finally got a great bit of pulled pork to come out for Super Bowl Sunday.. Take a look :grilling_smilie:.

As for method:

- Applied dry rub over a mustard slather for about three days.

- Smoked with apple and cherry wood at 220 for about 12 hours

- Developed two different vinegar based sauces for pulled pork sammich's, as a side. No sauce was mixed in the pork, obviously...

Let's just say, it came out delicious :yahoo:

WOW that PP looks great. Love the nice dark bark you got also bet that taste great.. Did you use a finishing sauce or dipping sauce ?

drool.gif
 Makes me ready for some PP. Thanks for sharing

Looking good!

Craig

Last edited:
[quote name="tyotrain" url="/forum/thread/104003/finally-a-good-batch-of-pulled-pork#post_601280"]
WOW that PP looks great. Love the nice dark bark you got also bet that taste great.. Did you use a finishing sauce or dipping sauce ?
[/quote]

I ended up making three sauces to put on sammichs at the request of the diner. One was a West Carolina vinegar sauce (cider vinegar, ketchup, red pepper flake, brown sugar), one was an East Carolina vinegar sauce (cider vinegar, white vinegar, cayenne, tabasco, brown sugar) and the last one was an Alabama White Sauce (mayo, white vinegar, horseradish, black pepper).

By far the West Carolina was the most popular and my favorite.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky