FINALLY...10 months after filing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
SherryT SherryT
I didn't read through all of this , but wife passed in 2008 . I had to have someone do them for me , but filed as Widower ( or whatever it is for a guy ) and certainly got some tax breaks . I think I got to do that for 2 years . I still had kids in high school though .
Good luck and hang in there . It will get better .

SherryT SherryT
I didn't read through all of this , but wife passed in 2008 . I had to have someone do them for me , but filed as Widower ( or whatever it is for a guy ) and certainly got some tax breaks . I think I got to do that for 2 years . I still had kids in high school though .
Good luck and hang in there . It will get better .

Thank you.

I'm so sad to learn about your wife, chopsaw, and am glad you had someone to be with during that time.

As for the filing, I think it used to be called something a bit different, but now it's "Qualifying Widow/Widower" and, yes, you do have to have a dependent in your care.
As it was just me and Norm, I'll file joint for 2022, but then it's back to single for me...the last time I filed single was in 1981.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky