Final Post

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

deltadude

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 3, 2008
Sacramento Area
Thats right this is my final post from this house!

We bought a new (new to us) house (foreclosure) at the beginning of August, and today is last day of the move, just cleaning and have to move a half cord of oak fire wood.  Internet is still on because new house won't get service until tomorrow.  My MES has sat under my dining room eave for 21/2 years under a cover and faithfully performed multiple times each month.  Now I have to build a protective area for my BBQ equip, and I hope the ol MES keeps kicking out great Q from its new home.

I have to say I hate moving, this has been the slowest, longest move process we have ever experienced.  We must have thrown away a ton of accumulated crap and still are giving stuff away.  One thing I'm looking forward to is building my own man-cave area, there is already a shed not quite big enough but easily can be enlarged, it will do nicely.

Well back to finishing up before the wife checks on me... :)

Congrats on the new house and good luck getting all settled in

Congrats on the new house - good luck with the rest of the move

Congrats on your new home deltadude!

See ya on the flip-side!

We threw more crap out on our last move than we ever did, but we went to a house about half the size of the last one.

Don't want to alarm you, but it probably won't be long that you'll say, "Damn, I wish I would have kept that thing!"

Bear

Congratulations on the house! 
points.gif
This calls for a Housewarming Smoke! 
wink.gif
  Where do you live??
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Congrats man that is awesome that you got a new place. Good luck with the bbq area.

Congrats on the new digs, looking forward to your work on the man cave. It's all good my friend.

Congratulations on the new home.

icon_cool.gif

Congrats on the spread. I hope that you got a better place to smoke things in the new house.

Thanks for all the comments and well wishing!

I finally got internet a couple of days ago, but still don't have a computer desk setup, one of our sons said he was moving back in for a few months, so there goes the room for an office.  Big switch in internet for us, we have been with pacbell/sbc/AT&T since before there was DSL.  I was an original beta tester for modem dial-up starting back in 94, and was first on that block to have more than dial-up when I went with ISDN for my home office needs.  We moved and got DSL, I have been a serious supporter of DSL because I invested in stock with the original company that wrote the main DSL protocol and mfg DSL chips, that company was later bought out by Texas Instruments.  However DSL isn't available where we live (at least at an acceptable speed) so we are now Comcast for Internet/TV/Voice.  I was hoping to go with Surewest for DSL/Voice and Direct TV and get the NFL Ticket promotion, but the speed of DSL was only 1 mb, way too slow, my son was disappointed in NO NFL Ticket.

Bearcarver, I hear ya, this move was a size reduction for us too, should be our final move (unless this house turns out to be uncomfortable for some reason).

Again thanks for all the kind words...

Bearcarver, I hear ya, this move was a size reduction for us too, should be our final move (unless this house turns out to be uncomfortable for some reason).
DD,

I better clarify that. I didn't mean the house, I meant you'll say, "Damn I wish I wouldn't have thrown this or that out".

I don't know how many times, since we moved, I have asked Mrs Bear, "Did you hide that thing, or did I throw it away when we moved?"
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky