Filet Mignon on the 560

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just when I think I’m ready to ditch my Traeger For a 22” WSM, I see another post like this about the masterbuilt 560. Thanks for making it more difficult for my but good lord do the steaks look good. Thumbs up!

Sorry about that! I’d snag a WSM too if I were able to. Those are meant to last plus no electrical parts to worry about. I’ve really enjoyed my 560 but I am also realistic in that this thing won’t last forever.

I think the gravity charcoal feed is a good replacement for a pellet smoker too. I currently have 3 smokers in my basement and the wife won’t allow anymore. I’ve really considered unloading my offset but I have a hard time letting things go.

Life is good. Great cook!
Very Nice XR! I would say you are going to do that again and again and again!!!!!!
The stake looks absolutely delicious! Huge LIKE!

Thanks again guys! Yeah I’ll definitely be doing this again. My wife prefers the tenderloin over a ribeye so that’s all the reason I need to cut up a whole tenderloin into filets.

Great looking meal Joe!

Thank you Steve!

That's a beautiful piece of work Joe, big Like! It really doesn't get much better than a perfectly done fillet smothered in shrooms, I'd be all over that! RAY

Thanks Ray! The mushrooms were a nice touch too. A salad or some asparagus would have been a great way to round out this meal.

The fillet minion is my favourite part of a fillet, so tender and tasty. looks like you cooked that perfectly. great work.
That looks absolutely delicious Joe!
The brand really looks cool!
Al

Thanks guys! It was definitely a great meal. M is what my last name starts with, so that’s a nice extra touch.

Sous vide is my other go to with the tenderloin.
I have a birthday coming up next Friday and I am going to cook filets. It's the only time of the year SWMBO allows me to eat that high on the hog (steer?). How do you do the sous vide with filet (Time & Temp)? I assume you sear after the sous vide cook, but I've seen at least one Youtube "chef" sear first then sous vide.

I have a birthday coming up next Friday and I am going to cook filets. It's the only time of the year SWMBO allows me to eat that high on the hog (steer?). How do you do the sous vide with filet (Time & Temp)? I assume you sear after the sous vide cook, but I've seen at least one Youtube "chef" sear first then sous vide.

Hi Braz. I like to sear the steak after Sous Vide. When doing a leaner cut like filets, I like to sear in a hot pan with oil/butter. You could add other ingredients and aromatics. Baste with butter garlic and rosemary while it’s in the pan.

When I sous vide a cut with more fat like a NY strip, I like to finish them off on a hot grill or a torch (whatever is my easier convience) because I’m after that char and crispy bits of fat.

Here’s a filet I did with SV awhile back. The only thing I do differently since posting that thread is that I don’t bother to put butter in the bag anymore.

Also have a happy and wonderful birthday!!

Reactions: Braz
Wow Joe!! I'm a bit late to the party but that meal looks amazing buddy. It was so thoughtful of Masterbuilt to put your initial on the grates so you can brand your steaks. Adds a nice personal touch to the meal. The steaks are gorgeous, pure money, but that gravy with the mushrooms and Merlot is to die for!! If you have any left I bet it'd be great with some meatloaf!!

Robert

Reactions: sawhorseray
Wow Joe!! I'm a bit late to the party but that meal looks amazing buddy. It was so thoughtful of Masterbuilt to put your initial on the grates so you can brand your steaks. Adds a nice personal touch to the meal. The steaks are gorgeous, pure money, but that gravy with the mushrooms and Merlot is to die for!! If you have any left I bet it'd be great with some meatloaf!!

Robert

Thank you Robert! The steaks were pefect for the both of us and that mushroom merlot sauce was delicious! I just kind of threw it together but wouldn’t change a thing. No doubt it would go great on some smoked meatloaf with some mashed potatoes, creamed corn and green beans.

I‘m due for a meatloaf soon. Got me thinking about some Salisbury steak too.

Thank you! And Yikes to hear about the power supply!
I’m not sure, I sent an email and haven’t heard from them yet. For the time being I salvaged enough of the factory plug and spliced it into another 12 volt adapter so at least I’m back up and running.

Reactions: xray
GreatIdioticHydatidtapeworm-small.gif

Beautiful Joe! The brand on those filets and that gravy to go along with it. Might be worth a drive to PA for! Nice job!

Robert

Thank you Robert! That was awfully nice of Masterbuilt to do that lol although I shouldn’t play with my food.

That gravy would go great with a meatloaf! All those meatloaf posts have got me hungry for one. I’m making one tomorrow with some cheesy hashbrown casserole. A busy day tomorrow too, hopefully I remember to take pictures.

Mmm, salisbury steak. I haven't done that in awhile.

Me either, I’ll have to change that!

Joe, that is one nice lookin' meal brother!

Great Job, and no vegetables.....bonus

BIG LIKE!

John

Thanks John, although I like my veggies, I could get behind the meat and potatoes movement. Probably put a little more hair on my chest, right?

View attachment 464124

Beautiful Joe! The brand on those filets and that gravy to go along with it. Might be worth a drive to PA for! Nice job!

Thanks John, you’re always welcome! I’d try to make it a complete meal for you, maybe some salad and a veggie to go along with it.

Mighty tasty looking. Anyway you can jar up some of that gravy and send my way?
Jim

Thanks Jim! If there’s any left I surely would but I don’t think it’s getting past the mailman. It was good and pretty easy to make. You shouldn’t have a hard time making some. If it was something really safe to mail, I most surely would send some your way. Thanks again!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky