Feb Throwdown

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Chef, I like your idea and mine combined...Dole salad in a Bag, Oscar Meyer Pulled Pork, Velveta Cheese and Bac~Os...Guess we would need to smoke it a while...You think a couple of Puffs from a Marlboro Menthol would be enough?...JJ
a29.gif

Or the exhaust smoke from a 1970 Caddy........... I like cheese wiz from a can better than velveta......

Anyone else have a patience problem?  Every time we do a throwdown, I come on the day after the entry period ends really wanting to see all the entries and have to keep checking until they are posted!  I know it takes a lot of work to get them all together and posted and this is no dig at the guys doing this work (Thanks for all you do by the way).  I am just really impatient!  I am the same way when I order something online.  I have to have a tracking code.  If I don't have one, I go through withdrawal symptoms!!!

bigfish

Hey I just discovered this feature and have been reading back through, printing out the winning recipes.

Cant wait until the next one so I can join in on the fun.

Cant wait to see what comes from the Salads!

I will be getting it all put together and up tonight.

Thanks for all the effort,

This was my 1st attempt at pictures

of my food with a cell phone  ...LOL

All Your efforts are appreciated!  TY!

DANG! I didn't do mine in time! I was going to do a Smoked Waldorf Salad with Smoked Trout...Applewood-smoked Apples, Walnut-smoked Walnuts, Oak-smoked trout, celery, homemade mayo, grape, a little squeeze of lemon, and wrapped in a nice crisp bib lettuce.

Oh well, I guess I'll need to wait until next throwdown. The idea was there, but I kept putting it off and didn't think about it this past week.

I can't wait to see what the people who entered made! Good luck, all!

DANG! I didn't do mine in time! I was going to do a Smoked Waldorf Salad with Smoked Trout...Applewood-smoked Apples, Walnut-smoked Walnuts, Oak-smoked trout, celery, homemade mayo, grape, a little squeeze of lemon, and wrapped in a nice crisp bib lettuce.

Oh well, I guess I'll need to wait until next throwdown. The idea was there, but I kept putting it off and didn't think about it this past week.

Whew!  Dodged a bullet there!  One competitor down, many more to go!

Bigfish

Art, that sound really awesome!   You should go ahead and make it.  I'd love to get the recipe for all that.  

Actually Ill post it tomorrow. Reason for the delay is that I emailed all of the people who entered letting them know that I received the entry. If anyone doesn't get a email and they entered please let me know by tomorrow.

Thanks.

Actually Ill post it tomorrow. Reason for the delay is that I emailed all of the people who entered letting them know that I received the entry. If anyone doesn't get a email and they entered please let me know by tomorrow.

Thanks.
Brian Thank you for taking the time to put these together.

Toughest vote I ever made.  It would have been nice to see these up close and get the tastes and smells of each entry.  Appearance and ingredients tell a lot and everyone of these look tantalizingly good.  Who would have thought so much creativity could be found in a Salad!  

Thanks and well done by all the participants.  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky