Favorite beverage for smokin'

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Up until a few years ago the didn't sell fat tire on this side of the Mississippi. I used to have to meat a buddy of mine in Iowa and trade him fat tire for spotted cow. NEW Glarus still will only sell in Wisconsin, so it is a good thing he moved back here. :)[/quot

I hate that about New Glarus they only sell to Wisconsin all their beers are so stinking delicious, The brewery is about hour and a half from me and I literally think Spotted Cow is the State Beer you can find it everywhere up there. But I always seem to come home with Moon Man when I cross the boarder myself one of the best tasting pale ale's around IMO. Dang it now I need to make a road trip.

Not a big deal!

I'm just a beer nerd.
biggrin.gif

I see lot's of comment's on Fat Tire which is one of my favorite's...

Any one tried a "Blue Moon with a slice of Orange"? That's pretty good for a treat.

If you have had a Blue Moon with Orange and like it, try a ShockTop... It taste's almost the same but the Orange is already in there!

My go-to beer is a 24oz IceHouse

Apple Pie white liquor is always a winner, but pace yourself!

I do love me a good Bloody Mary every so often myself... I've been experimenting with infusing my own Vodka with Garlic, Habanero, and Smoked Bacon, reserved strickly for use in my Bloody Mary's 
icon_wink.gif

Yuengling Lager or Sangria...

If I'm Smokin' or Eatin' Q, I usually have a case of Cold Ones close by.

BUT, when the mood strikes or my Mrs' and/or Cheffy Daughter's join in it's....

SANGRIA

In a One Gallon Pitcher combine...

1C Brandy or more...cheapo E&J, Christian Bros.

1C Triple Sec...orange liqueur.

2C Apple Juice or Cider

2C Orange Juice...Fresh or Simply Orange

1-2 Sliced Oranges...Lemons and Limes, Optional.

1-2 Diced Apples

Red Wine to FILL...Riunite Lambrusco is my fav.

*NOTE*  You will use most of the 3 Liter Bottle!

Mix well and CHILL WELL...I stick it in the Freezer for an hour or more.

"CAUTION"  This goes down smooth and will kick your BUTT!

DRINK RESPONSIBLY....Please!?!

Enjoy...JJ
That looks really good. In a pinch, there is a cheater Sangria that's surprisingly good. Learned this from the owner of a Mexican place who was notoriously cheap but oddly famous for his "authentic" Mexican food and drink. Basically you take a few slices of lemon, orange and lime, a few marischino cherries and rough chop all of them, then dump into a pitcher. Then top with a 50/50 mix of red wine and Coca Cola. Let sit uncovered in the fridge overnight to let the fruit macerate and the Coke go flat. That's it, and like I said, it's surprisingly good. It's also great for serving at a party as it's roughly half the ABV of whatever wine you use. Keeps the overall buzz level to a minimum.

As for my beverage of choice while smoking I'd say either sweet tea if it's a non alcoholic kinda day or Sierra Nevada pale ale if it's a day ending with a "Y".

water or iced tea to start off, after diner and all the rave reviews of the finished product, Original Coors and a shot of Wild Turkey 101. If all the boys are over, maybe a couple of shots. :)

I make the Q - They bring the beverage of choice! How can you beat a cold frosty beer of any kind on a hot steamy summer night? Cheers! 
cheers.gif
I agree!  Can't be choosy when it is free.....However, when I do have to make the Q AND buy the beverage, I have a few choices.  Ice cold Stag if it is early (12pm to 3pm).  After that, I really like Fat Tire (like some people here).  When the smoking gets late, either Captain and Coke, or Oakheart spiced rum straight up!  But not too much....have to finish the smoke, right?  
beercheer.gif

cheers.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky