Fatties

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nodeerhere

Original poster
Dec 11, 2016
Hi everyone I'm new here and kinda new to this whole smoking thing. There's a lot more to it then I thought when I first started! But I've been doing a lot of reading on this site and I no I'm in the right place. My question is can I cook one of these fatties on an electric smoker? Seeing most of them cooked on charcoal or propane

Yes, by all means you can cook a fattie in an electric smoker!

Heck you can cook one in the oven if you want!

Good luck & let us know how it turns out!

Al

I cook most of my fatties in an electric smoker usually 225 to 250 depending on what kind off fattie I'm cooking. I bacon weave almost all of my fatties because I love the way it looks and adds so much flavor. Sometimes the bacon doesn't get cooked enough before the fattie is done so I finish it off with a crème brulee torch. I'm no expert but I do roll a lot of fatties.

I use an electric all the time, cause that's what I have.  It works great, but I usually have to finish the bacon in the oven.  It's not a bad thing, it just is what it is.

No deer,

Welcome to the forums. I see this is your first post. Make sure ya shoot over to the roll call and introduce yourself to the rest of the group. We're glad to have ya.

As to your question, I think the guys have ya covered. Just make sure ya post pics so we can all enjoy.

Mark.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky