fattie help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shaneholz

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
How much bacon does it take to do a bacon weave for a fattie? I want to make 6 of them for the weekend. Could someone give me their favorite recipes for stuffing these, the easier the better.

Thanks

It usually takes close to a pound for mine, but thats not even a weave. Just a single layer mat with strips side by side. Stuff with whatever you want! Recipes everywhere under the "fattie" forum.

It usually takes a pack and a half... if your making 6 i would get 9 (maybe 10) packs... Stuff with things you love... just go nuts... make all different kinds... GOOD LUCK!

My favorite is still the blueberry pancake stuffed fattie. Just drizzle on a little cane or maple syrup bfore you roll it.

Personally I don't do a bacon weave, never have.
Not because I am against it by any means but simply because I just never did.
When I do wrap my fatties in bacon (about 80% of the time) I simply use 3 strips of bacon on a slight angle so they completely wrap around the entire chub.
I guess if I were going for presentation I would do a weave but generally it is the 3 slices of bacon and they work out just fine.
There is a pic or two in an older post where I had a few fatties going with the 3 slices of bacon.
http://smokingmeatforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=78088

It takes a little less than a pack of bacon to do a weave for 1 fattie I would get one pack of the cheapest thinnest bacon you can find for each fattie that you plan on making, the worse that can happen is that you will have some leftover bacon. A couple of really simple but delicious fatties are the pizza fatties, and jalapeno cheddar fatties. For pizza I just use pepperoni, mozz, and cheddar cheese.

well i read the thig and it said sides it takes about apond for the weave
but just an idea leave a tray under while smoking and maybe if you like

make a bad ass saw mill gravy out of this delicious thing called a FATTIE
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
:ton gue:

The last fattie I did, I used nine pieces of bacon for the weave. I stuffed it with sharp cheddar, green olives, brown onions & blue cheese. When I cook my fatties, I cook on both side to thoroughly cook the bacon. It is ready at 170, (for me), so I flip it at 160. Then if I don't like the way the bacon looks, I re-flip it so I won't have to finish in the broiler. Good luck with yours.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky