• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Fattie Drippings onto my turkey

hbc01

Joined Dec 26, 2012
I have an idea that I would like to get your opinion on, I have a meadow creek pig roaster that has two racks.  I will be smoking a 23 lb turkey that I have estimated to be smoking for 11 hours.  If I spatchcock the turkey (cut the backbone out and lay flat) I should be able to cut down the smoking time a little.  My idea is have two breakfast fatties above the turkey and let the fat drippings fall onto the turkey.  Do you see any problems with this idea.

98sporttj

Joined Sep 29, 2013
I dont have done that with the chicken above the turkey and didnt seem to hurt did the same thing when i did my pork sholder with 3 chickens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrgriz

Joined Jun 21, 2013
I don't see a problem doing it that way. I wouldn't let poultry drip on anything below, but the fatties should be fine up there.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.