Fattie Benedict

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

troy fuller

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
Austin, Texas
So a breakfast Fattie (ham, diced potato, onion, and jalapeno) with chipolte breakfast sausage (you gotta love HEB). Now begin with a toasted English muffin, slice the fattie, and pan fry it to warm it up and re-crisp it.

Butter the English muffin and place the browned fattie slice on it, top with a poached egg (runny yolk is required) and spoon hollandaise over the top . . . absolutely magic!

All I can say is can either of you come to my house and cook for me ?  Both of you rocked that dish and I would love to eat either one. Thanks to both for a great inspiration  

looks like a masterpiece! 
drool.gif

HEY COWGIRL !!!!................ Do the cherries help with the fat and cholesterol ????????

Not that I would worry......life is too short to worry about that stuff.............
biggrin.gif
   Dave

Thanks for the replies everyone . . . Yes, Cowgirl I have read just about everything on your awesome site and the diagonal weave was a result of seeing the pictures you posted . . .

The sauce is just a typical hollandaise like the one found here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/hollandaise-sauce-recipe/index.html.  It is pretty simple.

I have also chopped up the fattie and combined it with some scrambled eggs and cheese to make breakfast tacos that are out of this world!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky