• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Fattie Benedict

troy fuller

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 18, 2011
So a breakfast Fattie (ham, diced potato, onion, and jalapeno) with chipolte breakfast sausage (you gotta love HEB). Now begin with a toasted English muffin, slice the fattie, and pan fry it to warm it up and re-crisp it.

Butter the English muffin and place the browned fattie slice on it, top with a poached egg (runny yolk is required) and spoon hollandaise over the top . . . absolutely magic!

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
All I can say is can either of you come to my house and cook for me ?  Both of you rocked that dish and I would love to eat either one. Thanks to both for a great inspiration  

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
That looks just awesome.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Awesome! Great looking plate!   

ccpropilot

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 8, 2011
That looks simply amazing. How about the sauce? How'd you make it??? Looks amazing.

eriksp

Fire Starter
Joined May 11, 2011
That thing is beyond a masterpiece. It looks incredible.

I also would like to know about the sauce.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
HEY COWGIRL !!!!................ Do the cherries help with the fat and cholesterol ????????

Not that I would worry......life is too short to worry about that stuff.............
   Dave

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 2, 2007

troy fuller

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 18, 2011
Thanks for the replies everyone . . . Yes, Cowgirl I have read just about everything on your awesome site and the diagonal weave was a result of seeing the pictures you posted . . .

The sauce is just a typical hollandaise like the one found here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/hollandaise-sauce-recipe/index.html.  It is pretty simple.

I have also chopped up the fattie and combined it with some scrambled eggs and cheese to make breakfast tacos that are out of this world!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.