Father's Day rib smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I don't foil any more. Had bad luck with mushy ribs. Now they are tighter and the finish is great. I personally think that the foil thing came from the TV shows and folks think they have to do everything that the big comp guys do. Good luck, Joe.

Sorry I didn't get finished pics had people here chomping at the bit to get to them. I definitely had a difference between the wrapped and unwrapped ribs. The unwrapped ones were a bit tighter I think they actually could have used a bit more time but I prefered them to the wrapped ones but I was the only one. My mind has not been made up may do both ways from here on out until others come around to my way of thinking[emoji]128512[/emoji]

I used to foil, but my last few smokes have been no-foil, I thought they were far superior!  My daughter requested ribs this weekend but she didn't want "smoked ribs"  she wanted them the way I used to cook them.  She likes the sticky fall off the bone sauced ribs.  To each his own or her own, we had three different style of ribs for Fathers Day and it was wonderful.  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky