Fathers Day Italian Meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

olecrosseyes

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 16, 2007
Hawkeye State, DSM
Well here is my take on Italian Meatloaf.
1 pound deer burger
1 pound 80/20 hamburger
1 pound ground pork
3 eggs
Fare amount Lea Perrins
Fare amount low sodium Soy sauce
Good covering Italian bread crumbs
Sprinkling of parmesan cheese
Good sprinkling of Oregano, Basil and Thyme
Sauteed 8 oz chopped mushrooms and med/large Vidalia onion chopped

Hand mix very well
Pour and flatten on waxed paper then assemble with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese
Roll up using paper then wrap ends and around it with thin sliced bacon
Again while it is still on the paper roll it into a 1/2 steamer pan and smoke.

Italian Meat Loaf 1.jpg
Italian Meat Loaf 2.jpg
Italian Meat Loaf 3.jpg
Italian Meat Loaf 4.jpg

I will take it to 155/160 for a finished temp but about a hour or so before, I’ll suck out some of the fat and spread marinara sauce over it

Oh man....That is gonna be some good eating! And good sammichs tomorrow. If theres any left over!
Jim

At 3:00 this afternoon I put it in a pellet smoker with just the smoke setting for a 1/2 hour at first then turned it up to 225.
@ 4:30 IT is 92 degrees and I think I'm 1/2 way into the smoke. I had it in my head it would be about 3-1/2 hour to get to 155/160.

Reactions: JBarr90
Well here is my take on Italian Meatloaf.
1 pound deer burger
1 pound 80/20 hamburger
1 pound ground pork
3 eggs
Fare amount Lea Perrins
Fare amount low sodium Soy sauce
Good covering Italian bread crumbs
Sprinkling of parmesan cheese
Good sprinkling of Oregano, Basil and Thyme
Sauteed 8 oz chopped mushrooms and med/large Vidalia onion chopped

Hand mix very well
Pour and flatten on waxed paper then assemble with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese
Roll up using paper then wrap ends and around it with thin sliced bacon
Again while it is still on the paper roll it into a 1/2 steamer pan and smoke.

View attachment 500712View attachment 500713View attachment 500715View attachment 500716

I will take it to 155/160 for a finished temp but about a hour or so before, I’ll suck out some of the fat and spread marinara sauce over it
1624263655352.png

That looks killer Goomba!!!

Reactions: JLeonard
Looks real good Denny - how'd it turn out?

Point for sure
Chris

Wholey Smoke-a-Rolling, I can't believe the cut pic of this made the Marquee! Whoop, Whoop!

Must be a slow news day. :emoji_blush:

Great looking meatloaf! And congrats on the carousel ride!

Ryan

Brokenhandle Brokenhandle I thank you kind sir. Are you doing well?

disco disco Wholey Cow, so very glad this caught your eye! Thank You friend.
I prefer my more normal but in your code SWMBO does too!
So very glad you are fairing the past well. Our daughter and grand babies are in Courtenay BC, of you know we are very much separated.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Brokenhandle Brokenhandle I thank you kind sir. Are you doing well?

disco disco Wholey Cow, so very glad this caught your eye! Thank You friend.
I prefer my more normal but in your code SWMBO does too!
So very glad you are fairing the past well. Our daughter and grand babies are in Courtenay BC, of you know we are very much separated.

I know Courtenay well. My wife and I lived and worked in Nanaimo when we first got married (I refuse to say how many decades ago that was). It is where I learned how to make Indian Candy, now more appropriately known as Candied Salmon. I hope you get to see your daughter soon and, if you come back throught the Rockies, look me up and we will swap lies stories and recipes.

Reactions: olecrosseyes
I know Courtenay well. My wife and I lived and worked in Nanaimo when we first got married (I refuse to say how many decades ago that was). It is where I learned how to make Indian Candy, now more appropriately known as Candied Salmon. I hope you get to see your daughter soon and, if you come back throught the Rockies, look me up and we will swap lies stories and recipes.

I know about Indian candy. I have done a king salmon brined and smoked that was a large one 40" +/- a couple of years ago. I want to see what the Campbell river has to offer!

Thank you, if I may call you "my friend", I've learned from this channel and good chefs like you (and several others) for many years, easily more than I've been registered for. It just took me a bit to open my pantry door. :emoji_wink:

Many thanks, I'd love to meet.

Thank you, if I may call you "my friend", I've learned from this channel and good chefs like you (and several others) for many years, easily more than I've been registered for. It just took me a bit to open my pantry door. :emoji_wink:
Canadians love our American Friends so definitely call me friend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky