FarmYard Sushi ( for lack of a better name ) couple pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dude that is awesome! What a wonderful idea! The wife and I love real sushi but a lot of folks cant get past the raw fish thing and never even try it(they are missing out). Where did you get the supplies to do it? AKA the seaweed and sticky rice?

This needs to be on the spinner!

Thanks John for the like and the comment

It was good and Mona is like most , can't get past the idea of Sushi, so that is why I made her the S and S meat balls

I picked up the Sushi rice and the Nori paper ( seaweed ) and also Rice paper that I will try next at our regular grocery store

And thank you for saying so , when I got home tonight and saw this on the spinner . Thank you to all that looked and to whoever picks items to make it to the carousel , it is always an honor. and not taken for granted

David

A big Thank you to the powers that be.

when I got home tonight and saw this on the spinner . Thank you to all that looked and to whoever picks items to make it to the carousel , it is always an honor. and not taken for granted

David

Reactions: Buckeyedude
I'll take Nona's share of the FY Sushi and a plate of them meatballs and taters. Mighty good looking plates there.
Jim

Thank you Jim for the like and the comment

Ha ha , no problem with that, she will not even try them. But she was very happy with the S+S meatballs on mashed

David

Reactions: JLeonard
Nice work David, and a well deserved ride up on the spinner to boot! We're both huge sushi and sashimi fans, love that raw fish. RAY

Thanks Ray for the comment

Ha ha , raw fish for me not so much. But loved by many. Glad I tried to make and turned out ok. I can see many different innards for these, lol

David

Wow, I am duly impressed David. What an amazing take on "sushi", which of course I thought it was when I first saw the pic. When I read the actual ingredients I thought "I could eat a couple hundred of these" but not so much with traditional sushi. Just not a fan of it but I'd sure tear up a pile of what you created here. How incredibly creative!!

Robert

Thank you Robert for the like and the comment

Very nice of you to say, and I do not really like raw fish either. But this was fun and tasty,
I had 6 just waiting for Mona's supper to be ready, the soya and the BBQ were the best dipping , honey mustard was too strong for these ingredients
next time I will use the rice paper I have instead of the Nori

David

Nice delicious looking and interesting dish, I totally like the idea!
I look forward to all the playing around you do and what you land on as being the best and the best practices for doing such a thing.

Great post! :)

Thank you for the comment

That is very nice of you to say, I do think outside the box sometimes ( Mona says i'm just weird )
Fun to do, and love trying new ways for things

David

Reactions: tallbm
Nice sushi and great spin on it David! I recall you talking about that SNS meatball but that pic got my hooked and HAVE to try that. Got a writeup or anything?

Thanks Sam for the like and the comment

Yes my kind of sushi for sure, and the SNS meatballs were good also. I have mentioned the sauce before
I used it in one of my throwdowns in the SnS pork pie and in my

sweet and sour sauce (2).JPG

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/smoked-sweet-and-sour-pork-rice-stuffed-peppers.316954/

David[/URL]

Reactions: zwiller
David, we make sushi all the time. I use a combo of lox, cream cheese, imitation crab & cucumber, so no raw fish. If we have guests I eliminate the lox from half of them so they have no fish in them, like a California roll. We also put the rice on the outside, then roll them in toasted sesame seeds and after making them they sit in the fridge covered in Saran Wrap for a few hours. If I was making this for myself it would be with ahi tuna, but no one here will eat raw fish but me!
Al

Thanks Al for the like and the comment

Sounds like you make them often, I also was going to toast the sesame seeds but forgot, same as I did not take a picture of the rolls before I cut them, thought i took one , but not on with the other pictures.

David

Reactions: SmokinAl
Looks Great! Makes me wanna do some sushi again! Im fairly new to to the sushi scene, but have enjoyed everything ive partaken of so far! I have even made my own somewhat successfully lol ( didnt use the right rice). Ill eat anything raw at least once...well except for chicken and pork lol. So anyways, great looking grub! Meatballs looked on point as well!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks Great! Makes me wanna do some sushi again! Im fairly new to to the sushi scene, but have enjoyed everything ive partaken of so far! I have even made my own somewhat successfully lol ( didnt use the right rice). Ill eat anything raw at least once...well except for chicken and pork lol. So anyways, great looking grub! Meatballs looked on point as well!

Thanks Dude for the likes and the comment

I am very new to the sushi game , actually this is the only part of the game for me. First time, but no raw fish. It was fun , will get better with practice for sure. Will try it with the rice paper I have next time.

And the meatballs were good, we have them every month or so.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky