Fanfare for the common man: Leftover brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Well I initially defrosted these brisket slices from a year ago for dinner at work. However I got a little busy and didn't have time to eat. So I brought them home to thinking I'd have
them for lunch. Just nuke them was the original plan. As with all plans - they seem to change, and so did this one. So here is another meal for those of us that are culinary challenged.

First up the fix'ins:

DSC01503.JPG

Brown the Rice up with a couple of tsp. of butter:
DSC01506.JPG

Carefully add water, 3 bouillon cubes and seasoning pack to the rice. Bring to a boil then reduce it to a simmer.

DSC01507.JPG

...add in the cubed brisket

DSC01508.JPG

a couple shakes of Tony's and two spritzes of teriyaki sauce

DSC01510.JPG

Let it simmer until the liquid is gone:

DSC01515.JPG

That's all folks. Thanks for stopping by. This works great with kielbasa, shrimp, sausage, as well as any of those mistakes that may come off you smoker.

Chris

Geez Chris, just as salsa or chili powder turn any dish into a south-of-the-border treat, that teriyaki sauce surely gives this dish a Asian flare, Like! Kind of amazing how the use of different condiments and seasonings can change things up, nice piece of work. RAY

Now that's creative!! Nice job Chris. you're gonna wind up with your own Fanfare channel on You Tube if you keep this up :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Great, easy meal with leftovers!

Thanks Justin, and for the like. I'm always looking to change things up with all the leftovers I have stored in the freezer.

Looks real good Chris. Great use of leftovers.

Appreciate that MJ, like I mentioned various proteins can used. You may want to change the style of Rice used. Thanks for the like also.

Chris

Geez Chris, just as salsa or chili powder turn any dish into a south-of-the-border treat, that teriyaki sauce surely gives this dish a Asian flare, Like! Kind of amazing how the use of different condiments and seasonings can change things up, nice piece of work. RAY

I like experimenting with contrasting flavor profiles, and since I have a shelf or two in the fridge full of varying sauces and a pantry with spices I can play around with - why not. Some are misses, but a few are successes. Thanks for the kind words and like Ray.

Looks pretty culinarily delish to ke Chris!!

Thanks Jeff, this is one of my favorite ways to use certain leftovers. Thanks for the comment and like also.

Chris

looks tasty Chris!

Thanks Jim appreciate it.

Now that's creative!! Nice job Chris. you're gonna wind up with your own Fanfare channel on You Tube if you keep this up :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Appreciate it Robert. Fanfare for the Common man is an instrumental by Emerson, Lake and Palmer that I really like to listen to. I thought the title was fitting for off the grocers shelve cooks and leftovers. Thanks for the kindly words and like appreciate them.

Chris

Reactions: jcam222
Very creative work Chris! I can't remember the last time I had rice a roni. And you brought it up a few notches with the brisket.

Very creative work Chris! I can't remember the last time I had rice a roni. And you brought it up a few notches with the brisket.

Appreciate the comment and the like Steve. We grew up on the San Francisco treat.

Chris

Man yes!!! I've never added teriyaki, and I use Better Than Bullion but this method is great with pot roast, brisket, or freshly ground beef. Extra finely diced carrots and diced onions don't hurt it.

Great idea there guy. I like all the ingredients in that dish

Warren

Thank you very much Warren and for the like. I appreciate them.

Man yes!!! I've never added teriyaki, and I use Better Than Bullion but this method is great with pot roast, brisket, or freshly ground beef. Extra finely diced carrots and diced onions don't hurt it.

Thanks Hijack, any of those ingredients would work. Just trying to come up with newer ways to use leftovers.

Thanks for the kindly words Millberry

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky