Fall off the bone turkey legs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sputnam

Original poster
Aug 25, 2015
If you haven't seen the video of the fall off the bone turkey legs yet, check it out on you tube, they look amazing (video is not me or anyone i know)... So, i tried to duplicate these legs on The video and i did OK. They were much smaller legs though. I brined them over night, smoked for 2 hrs @ 220, wrapped in foil for 2 more hours. The meat did fall off and definitely best legs I've done but id like the skin to be a little less rubbery... I thought about tossing in oven for a minute but not sure if that would be good idea or not.... Anyone have any tips for me?

I moved them from my smoker (BGE) to the gas grill on high heat for a few minutes turning constantly. Worked for me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky