Eye of Round?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A minimum rest is 30 mins on the counter, for as above, the meat to relax and the juices to redistribute . But beyond that is up to you. There is no such thing as " must rest X hours. "...JJ

If I may, I will add to the already great info above:
As for the carry-over, it depends on the Temp you've been smoking at. When I smoke my Prime Ribs at 220° Smoker Temp, the carry-over is usually only 1° or 2°.
Those higher carry-over numbers occur when cooking at higher Temps.

Bear

IMG_20180607_155512.jpg
IMG_20180607_233309.jpg
IMG_20180617_132048.jpg

Sorry I'm late to the party, cause I just saw this thread & I do eye of round a couple different ways, smoked to about 135, cooled down & refrigerated & sliced real thin on the meat slicer the next day for some of the best roast beef sandwiches you can imagine.
I also cure it & smoke it with pastrami seasonings on it & it makes wonderful pastrami, again I only take it to 135 for pastrami too. It is one of my favorite cuts of beef!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky