Eye of Round Suggestions?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Cody_Mack

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 8, 2021
Fulshear, TX
H-E-B has EOR for $2.97 this week. Search pulls up lots of links, but wondering if y'all would share something special with me. I am starting back to work after thirty months laid off, so am back in the money! I may take advantage of the sale and stock up on these.

A couple recipes I have in mind:

Sous vide and serve as a roast for dinner.
Sous vide and slice for sandwich meat.
Jerky, of course....
Anything special using Cure #1?
What about BBQ'd? How does it hold up there? (it's so lean)

Thanks for any input.

1672931539954.png

Reactions: JLeonard

Thanks B BigW. Looks like a Bearcarver Bearcarver creation, so I am excited to look at it!

132 for 24 hours .
1672943514255.jpeg
Bearcarver Bearcarver dried beef as said above . I add Carolina Reaper powder to
the cure mixture .
1672943609184.jpeg
Yup . This was SV'd and sliced . Sauteed some peppers and onions .
1672943900716.jpeg
Some threads .

H-E-B has EOR for $2.97 this week. Search pulls up lots of links, but wondering if y'all would share something special with me. I am starting back to work after thirty months laid off, so am back in the money! I may take advantage of the sale and stock up on these.

A couple recipes I have in mind:

Jerky, of course....
What about BBQ'd? How does it hold up there? (it's so lean)

Thanks for any input.

View attachment 653534

I'd marinate and grill med rare and slice thin.

Also I'd cut medallions and hit them with the tenderizing side of a meat hammer and then bread in corn meal with seasoning and fry in a skillet for country fried steak medallions.... if I was eating carbs like that :D

You could also cure and season to make a smoked pastrami from them. Slice for lunch meat at that point.

I also use it for beef jerky. However, once I put it on my rotisserie and it was crazy delicious and tender. I intended to put it on my slicer for sandwiches but it didn't survive that long. I didn't trim it so the fat cap would baste the rest of the exposed meat. It worked brilliantly. I wish I had a picture of it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky