Extending stack upwards

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Salcombe Woodsmoke BBQ

Original poster
Nov 8, 2018
Salcombe, South Devon
Hi all
Me and a friend built a shelter for my landmann 400 (it's my current profile pic). Next I want to extend the stack through the roof. It would be about 4ft and a 4" diameter. Does anyone have any opinions on how this would effect things? Would it cause the smoke to stall at that length. I welcome all info. Thanks

I think if the smoke cools too much in the long chimney it will stall. I would pull the smoker out of enclosure. Get the length you need of single wall stove pipe at Home depot and put it on your smoker and then try it at your cooking temps.

That's a really good idea! Weather allowing I'll give it a go this weekend. I'm in the UK so Screwfix not Home Depot, haha.
Thanks for the advice, buddy.
I think if the smoke cools too much in the long chimney it will stall. I would pull the smoker out of enclosure. Get the length you need of single wall stove pipe at Home depot and put it on your smoker and then try it at your cooking temps.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky