Expiration on pink salt?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

3montes

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 26, 2007
Beautifull shores of Lake Superior
Just found a open bag of DQ curing salt in the back of one of my cabinets. Guess it may have been there 3 years or more. It looks fine and is not a big lump of salt it was inside a zip lock. Still good to use or should I buy fresh? Got a nice Cheshire pork belly about ready to come out of the freezer.

There is no expiration or use before date on the label anywhere.

Just found a open bag of DQ curing salt in the back of one of my cabinets. Guess it may have been there 3 years or more. It looks fine and is not a big lump of salt it was inside a zip lock. Still good to use or should I buy fresh? Got a nice Cheshire pork belly about ready to come out of the freezer.

There is no expiration or use before date on the label anywhere.

Hey bud good to see you.

From everything I have read over the years it says the color will fade but the cure is still good.

Hope your doing well.

All is good my friend hope it's is with you as well. It's been awhile for sure. I'll try to chime in more when I have something I feel I can offer or have a question.

Good to see you, 3M !!
We chased this one around a few times in the past.
Nobody ever found anything bad, as long as you keep it dry.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky