Excellant Bird

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

msmith

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 22, 2006
Haltom City Tx
Tried my first ever attempt at brining. Seen a recipe posted by q3131a so thought id give it a try.Only had a split chicken so mixed all the ingredients and soaked for12 hrs. Rinsed and dried sprinkled a little rub and stuck on the smoker. Using hickory wood. smoked until temp was 165* . Was very tender and juicy. I got one little piece the grandkids ate it ALL. I will be brining my chickens from now on.

My wife says it was the prettiest and tastiiest chicken she ever ate.Said it was real good with Jeffs Carolina mustard sauce.

ya'll gotta admit one thing.. there ain't no tougher critics than kids.. if it ain't good, they don't eat it.

Looks good to me and from the sounds of it, the critics agree!

Keep Smokin

q313a I used the one with kosher salt,white sugar, soy sause, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, tyme. I did get a little piece of it and it was great. My neighbor next door said it wasn't good it was delectable.

PigCicles your right about the kids if they eat it, Job well done

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky