ever use wood pellets?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 7, 2006
Valley Forge, PA
I've used them with my grill, we have a little pull out "smoker drawer", but I was wondering how they'd be in a smoker. I just bought a couple of bags of different flavored ones to try, orange, pecan, cherry, apple. I have a mustang electric smoker and thought I'd try them once instead of wood chunks. If it doesn't work I can still use them with the grill, but then I'd have to make that decision of not using the smoker...decisions, decisions...

Well, they smoke pretty much like chips, donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t they, sounds like that could be very interesting. Would be easy to maintain a nice thin smoke I would think. Theyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]re just compressed sawdust, right?

I have an electric smoker with a "pie plate" that sits over the element, do you think it's necessary to wrap them in foil? I was thinking just throwing them in the plate like I do chips...

Try them like you planned-placing them in the pan. If they burn down too quickly, then cover the pan with foil and poke some holes into the foil.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky