Even MORE Jalapeno Poppers...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
...were on the menu this past weekend. As usual I had a house full of family and poppers are always a crowd favorite. Nothing new or especially fancy, but here they are...

First was to grill some boneless/skinless chicken thighs. In reality, they should be called boneless/MOSTLY skinless thighs. Trimmed them up some more and seasoned up with some standard rub...
20220527_132834[1].jpg

20220527_133025[1].jpg

Onto a Weber with some lump until done with a nice char...
20220527_182942[1].jpg

Sliced up and ready for a boat ride...
20220530_060147[1].jpg

Jalapeno boats stuffed with a cream cheese/BBQ rub mixture and a slice of the chicken on top. Had a little pulled pork so stuffed a few boats with that, also...
20220530_065636[1].jpg

Bacon wrapped, dusted with some KC style rub and ready for the smoker...
20220530_071938[1].jpg

Smoked for about an hour. Time to eat them...
20220531_191427[1].jpg

These were the prelude to the main course and didn't last very long. For those of you who prefer something other than cream cheese, I have another idea for a future popper cook that may be of interest...

Nice Charles, I'm not a cream cheese fan, and use cheddar as a substitute in shots and pops. Yours look mighty fine. I'll be trying the chicken idea at our next family gathering. Thanks for the idea.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Nice have stuffed PP but never chicken slices, need to try that.
Cliff, I almost always add something besides the cheese to my poppers. I've used marinated/grilled venison, raw shrimp, grilled steak, grilled sliced pork, etc. The options are endless and their addition is a nice surprise sometimes...
Looks fantastic! I l like the idea with stiffed chicken slices... Got to try it one day...
Thank you!!
Awesome looking poppers. Have never seen them done with chicken. Will add this to my 'to do list'.
Give it a try and let us know what you think. Thank you for your generous comments...
Damn Charles those look great man! Never thought about using grilled chicken slices in them before. Great idea!
Thank you John for your comments, they are appreciated...
Oh yes I love the chicken idea! those look great all around!
Thanks, Dave!! I appreciate it...
Nice Charles, I'm not a cream cheese fan, and use cheddar as a substitute in shots and pops. Yours look mighty fine. I'll be trying the chicken idea at our next family gathering. Thanks for the idea.

Point for sure
Chris
Thank you, Chris. I have a couple of other ideas that I'm going to try instead of the cream cheese...
GS, SCRUMPTIOUS !
Thank you for your kind words!!
You did good!

POINT!
Thank you, Justin!!
Yes! We love poppers! Very cool idea with the chicken, I’ve used PP, but never chicken. Points for sure!
Jed, we love poppers, too, and I'm always looking to mix them up some. Thank you for your comments...
Looks tasty! I’ve done a shredded chicken , cream cheese and ranch dip mix before. Will have to try these.
Thanks, Jeff!! The ranch dip mix idea has been on my radar, I was thinking of mixing it with some hot sauce for a Buffalo style popper. Going to have to try that for sure.
Great idea filling them with grilled chicken. They look amazing.
Thank you, Sven!!

Mercy those look great. I have used a jalapeno pimento cheese before as a stuffer. It worked pretty good.
Jim

My goodness . I missed this yesterday . Those look fantastic . Great idea with the chicken , and I love cream cheese in them . I'd have to put enough of those on a bun to make a popper sandwich .
Nice work Bud .

They look delectable.
Nicely done.
Thank you!!
Mercy those look great. I have used a jalapeno pimento cheese before as a stuffer. It worked pretty good.
Jim
Jim, that's one of the ideas I have for my next round. Thank you for the kind words...
My goodness . I missed this yesterday . Those look fantastic . Great idea with the chicken , and I love cream cheese in them . I'd have to put enough of those on a bun to make a popper sandwich .
Nice work Bud .
Rich, they were almost a meal all by themselves. A popper sandwich, now that's an idea...:emoji_wink: Thank you for the compliments and comments...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky