Et-73

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Honestly I don't know how to calibrate one mine has always been correct when I've tested it

No need or way to calibrate this unit. Just test it in ice water(should be 32*f) then test in boiling water (should be around 212*f depending on what elevation you are at. There are some sites that you type in your coordinates and it will tell you exactly what temperature the water should boil) but honestly it just needs to be close.

I have one more thing to add, make sure your batteries are good, low batteries will give false readings, and yes what wingrider said, always check with an instant read

You really can't go wrong with the ET-73, although they could increase the range a little. An interesting point, I used 2 ET-73 this weekend, to make 50lbs of Lebanon Bologna. You can use 2 of these without cross interference. THus I could read 3 internal temps and the smokehouse temps independely. I think they might use many sets of different frequencies, thus if you get two, and they are on different frequencies, you can run them without cross interference.
By the way the Bologna turned out great,

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky