ET-73 mod. (antenna tube) ?

Discussion in 'Meat Thermometers' started by dick bullard, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Getting everything together to modify my ET-73........the post and mods. I have read the folks used an "Antenna Tube" to slip over the antenna wire to keep it straight and for looks.....the few places I have looked to buy one they just give me this blank stare and say they have never heard of such a thing....!!! Any ideas where I can purchase one.....think I'm going to have to look up the original post and PM them to get info.....! Thanks......Thought Radio Shack carried everything...!!!

RICK

2. graybeard

graybeard Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

3. Radio Shack used to carry everything, and had people who new what that stuff was. Now, if it doesn't hook up to a computer, good luck having someone who works there know what you are looking for. Sorry for the rant.

Anyways, go to a hobby shop you have locally that sells R/C car/planes and ask for something like this http://www.ehobbies.com/dub2354.html...mpaign=froogle. It is a very common thing.

Ryan

4. Thanks for the info guys.....gonna let my fingers do the walking this time and call first.....!!!

RICK

5. dribron

dribron Meat Mopper

You can find them at any hobbie shop where r/c cars are sold.

6. garyt

garyt Smoking Fanatic

You got that right, I am also a ham operator, and they got there name from selling the equipment, they don't even know what one is any more

7. dribron

dribron Meat Mopper

Radio shack is turning into a cell phone store. They sell very littel of what they once did. I am a electronic tech, and find that often if I stop by there looking for this part or that one they often have not even heard of it, or simply do not carry it there.
    One time I was looking for a logic gate, it was a 14 pin, the guy it the store said they didn't have any, but had other chips that looked like it,(14 pins) and ask me if they would work?? lol

8. nickelmore

nickelmore Smoking Fanatic

I used small heat shrink tubing