Enchiladas Puerco Pibil

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Like I said yesterday, "I'm making enchiladas with the leftovers", and so I did.

Shred the pork and add some onions.

Now I made a mistake here, I added leftover sauce back into the PP to make it wet.
Don't do that.
There'll be more than enough sauce when you add enchilada sauce.

NV6yKpt.jpg

Whip up a batch of Red Enchilada sauce with seasonings similar to the Puerco Pibil.

Do not go full-strength on the Pibil seasonings, make it 1/2 or 1/4 strength.
Or just use a regular enchilada sauce.

olEdib6.jpg

Lightly saute about 20 corn tortillas in hot oil to soften for rolling.

gHcdICG.jpg

Coat the bottom of a large casserole dish with sauce and start rolling till the dish is filled.
Pour a generous line of sauce down the center of each row of enchiladas.

mUeVIY3.jpg

GKZ6Fj4.jpg

SDTXQCp.jpg

2BzR1II.jpg

Top with a ton of crumbled queso Fresco or queso Chijuahua and bake covered at 350° for 45 minutes, then uncover and hit with the broiler to color the cheese.

TC4JVRH.jpg

jdM3FFa.jpg

Ready to Chow Down

7xQIqaz.jpg

Last edited:
No words here, they look fabulous.

Point for sure
Chris

These look SOOO good! I'm afraid you may start charging everyone to look at your posts. They are like Crack... the first ones are free.....THEN....

Yum! Love some good ol enchiladas, and yours look phenomenal John.
No words here, they look fabulous.

Point for sure
Chris
You nailed it again !!
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the Likes and compliments.
Enchiladas are a favorite of mine and my Verde Pollo Enchiladas are one of my best Mexican dishes.

I kid you not when I tell ya I had a marriage proposal over them.
One of my Uncle's secretaries (Hispanic lady) was working late at his home office, I was there visiting and cooking dinner.
I took a plate out to her, and 15 minutes she shot into the house exclaiming, "These are better than my Mother's! If you're not married I'll take you!"
LOL!

Last edited:
Fantastic job again Chili, just pulled my wife aside to look at this and we agreed we are gonna do this with a pulled pork loin we are going to do in a few days.

LIKE!

John
thanks John appreciate that.

Pulled pork loin?
Loin, you sure you mean Loin, not Butt or Shoulder?
Loins just aren't made for pulling.

Boy that looks Mighty Tasty, John!!!
Like.
I never had an "Enchilada", in fact the closest I ever came to Mexican Food would be when I used to see "Pepino Garcia", the Mexican Farm-hand on the "Real McCoys" eating lunch.
That stuff nearly always looks Great !!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky