Emergency Chicken Question

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by turfmunch, Apr 12, 2008.

1. turfmunch

turfmunch Fire Starter

I am smoking 4 bone-in chicken breasts (Q-view to follow) and they are done way before I anticipated them to be.

I expected them to take another 1 hr and 45 minutes but they are at 165 right now.

What is the best way to keep them warm and fresh while the remainder gets done?

What is the longest you'd do this before jeopardizing the chicken?

Help.[​IMG]

2. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Try double wrapping in foil and wrap that packet in a towel and put it in an insulated cooler. They should stay hot wrapped that way. Another would be to put them in a foil covered pan along with a little liquid, and put it in a very slow oven - say 170°F.

Hope this helps!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

3. pigcicles

pigcicles Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Don't worry. If you can put them in a container, line a cooler with a few folded towels and keep them covered you'll be fine. The bacteria you're worried about won't survive above 140ºF.

Hope this helps ya out and Best wishes.

4. desertlites

desertlites Master of the Pit OTBS Member

yes what they say-all is fine-they might go up a few * but thats fine-and they will stay moist that way-check 1/2 hr. before din. and maybe if needed put in oven.

5. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Wise men tell you the truth wrap it and into da cooler

6. turfmunch

turfmunch Fire Starter

excellent. I'm going to go withthe cooler wrap. Thanks. I'll post the q-view later[​IMG]

7. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

don't forget the foil and towel very important