embedding a video Need Help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Need some help code does not work ?
Thanks for all the help I appreciate it
Richie

Last edited:
Disregard.. I don't know what I am doing either

Last edited:
I'm with the " don't have a clue crowd " but gonna hang around to find out.

Ryan

The problem with links is that they can take you anywhere .. even malicious sites if you're not on a computer and hover over the link to see the actual path.. that's why they are discouraged here.. especially since it just recently happened to a fellow member - embedding the video shows the actual video player that way a person can just click play and not be taken to a different site.

Also.. for those newer - the whole forum changed and most of those "How to" links are for the old forum format

Ok.. this is a screenshot of a post in a different forum where the youtube is embeded in the post so you can just click play.

1628192478772.png

1628193515161.png

Above^^^^
Click on the link button highlighted in yellow and circled in blue. It will produce a URL box.

Below:
Paste your link into the box and select insert.

Links - please note that L O N G link at in the first post? Don't use that. Use the short youtube link such as
the one for this video

1628193700515.png

View attachment 506795
Above^^^^
Click on the link button highlighted in yellow and circled in blue. It will produce a URL box.

Below:
Paste your link into the box and select insert.

Links - please note that L O N G link at in the first post? Don't use that. Use the short youtube link such as
the one for this video

View attachment 506796
I do not get the https in the link box when i post the url

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky