Email Issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well then I'm at a loss. If I think of something else I'll post it up. In the meantime maybe one of the Mods or Admins will chime in with something we're missing. Sorry I couldn't help you out.

Chris

The last thing I would try is. Uncheck the alert for "Posts in a watched forum" and "Replies to a watched thread". I'm hoping that there is a distinction between emails and alerts in the software code.

You can also mark them all as read at the bottom of the of the alerts page by clicking on you avatar(where the alerts notification is) and scrolling down to the bottom where it says "Show All" and :Mark Read Preferences". Click "Mark Read Preferences".

Final thought: Don't post any new threads or reply to any threads. Just kidding Bear.

Chris

A couple of days ago I just clicked "mark as read" and they went away. Today that doesn't work.
What a hoot LOL!!
At least I only have 17. For now...

It's kind of like when I try to tackle a plumbing project. As soon as I fix one leak another pops up.
Their "spring cleaning" has turned into a boondoggle.
It's just one little thing after another, check what happens when you click leave" on a PM

Error: Call to undefined method XF\Mvc\Entity\ArrayCollection::forceRemove() in src/XF/Entity/ConversationMaster.php at line 239
  1. XF\Entity\ConversationMaster->recipientRemoved() in src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/XF/Entity/ConversationMaster.php at line 626
  2. SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Entity\ConversationMaster->recipientRemoved() in src/XF/Entity/ConversationRecipient.php at line 54
  3. XF\Entity\ConversationRecipient->_postSave() in src/addons/SV/ConversationEssentials/XF/Entity/ConversationRecipient.php at line 95
  4. SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Entity\ConversationRecipient->_postSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1270
  5. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Conversation.php at line 862
  6. XF\Pub\Controller\Conversation->actionLeave() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
  7. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
  8. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
  9. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2351
  11. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 517
  12. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

And then it still doesn't let you leave it. I wonder what ever happened to Hellasteph? RAY

The last thing I would try is. Uncheck the alert for "Posts in a watched forum" and "Replies to a watched thread". I'm hoping that there is a distinction between emails and alerts in the software code.

You can also mark them all as read at the bottom of the of the alerts page by clicking on you avatar(where the alerts notification is) and scrolling down to the bottom where it says "Show All" and :Mark Read Preferences". Click "Mark Read Preferences".

Final thought: Don't post any new threads or reply to any threads. Just kidding Bear.

Chris

I hate to mess with things that were the way they currently are when everything worked fine for me. Makes me think the problem isn't with "My" settings.

Oh Well, 129 now.
Bear

I hate to mess with things that were the way they currently are when everything worked fine for me. Makes me think the problem isn't with "My" settings.

Oh Well, 129 now.
Bear
I know what you mean. A few days ago I checked my preferences and the only thing not checked was "always email watched thread notifications". I went ahead and checked it, even though I hadn't changed anything in years.
Now I'm afraid to do anything because at least I'm getting emails now which is the only way I know about new responses
because the drop-down is funky. The # over my icon says 6 but there are 26 in the drop-down.
I've read them but they don't go away......

I know what you mean. A few days ago I checked my preferences and the only thing not checked was "always email watched thread notifications". I went ahead and checked it, even though I hadn't changed anything in years.
Now I'm afraid to do anything because at least I'm getting emails now which is the only way I know about new responses
because the drop-down is funky. The # over my icon says 6 but there are 26 in the drop-down.
I've read them but they don't go away......

I'm always afraid of turning a temporary glitch into a permanent problem.

Bear

Reactions: bigfurmn
Yup---Almost forgot, but did both. 119 now.
I don't think it really matters, but I like to know how may new ones are there.
I mean it's not like that number is going to get to 242 & everything blows up!!!:emoji_scream_cat::emoji_radioactive:

Bear
I know what you mean bear they used to go away when you clicked and read one or two now I have to hit mark as read at the bottom to reset the alerts to zero.

I know what you mean bear they used to go away when you clicked and read one or two now I have to hit mark as read at the bottom to reset the alerts to zero.
I just hit that button, changing it back to Zero.
Now I'll see what happens.

Bear

I haven't heard anything for over a month.
Is it working for everyone but me?
My Alert number was up to 420.
Now it's down to 340.
Now the other problem looks like it's sneaking in.
I got one alert Email in the last 24 hours.
Up until that "Spring Cleaning" thing, it seemed like mine was the only one with no problems.
I know nothing changed on my end.
What happened?

Bear

Almost 3 more months since my last post on this thread that seems more like a Diary, since nothing gets done about it.
It's up & down now:
The number of Alert Notifications in my email is now Down to ZERO.
But the number of alerts in the little red box is up to 475.

Bear

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky